"An Old Riverfront City with Character" Paducah by mikelisaanna

Paducah Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 99 photos

Paducah is a historic river city, which lies on the Ohio River, about 30 or 40 miles east of where it empties into the Mississippi River. Paducah has about 40,000 people, who we have always found to be very friendly. Highlights of town are its well-preserved historic downtown with numerous antiques shops and restaurants, as well as its River Museum, Market House Theatre, and Quilt Museum. Also, anyone visiting Paducah should check out the city's Lowertown Arts DIstrict and the floodwall murals, which are, as the title suggests, painted on its floodwall. Each mural is about 10x20 feet in size and commemorates a person, event or aspect of Paducah's history.

• Pros:Historic downtown with museums, antique shops and good restaurants
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:Friendly riverfront city with history and character
  • Last visit to Paducah: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2008

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I enjoyed your Paducah page - very helpful, as I will be going there in a couple of weeks to see the National Quilt Museum. Thanks for the restaurant tips!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM

It has been 20 years since I was here and always liked the town and the area. YOu did a nice job of showing the sites and comments are helpful

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Wow! More than I knew about Paducah :) KY is on the short list for the next trip.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 8:01 PM

What a lovely Paducah HP, it is wonderful to see you all spending precious time with family. What a lovely historical town. It is these type of communities I most enjoy to see.

• Dec 29, 2005 at 11:58 AM

What a pity that I missed Paducah when I was in KY the last time!

• aemilys's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2005 at 11:01 AM

I just gotta get to Paducah some day, fab and thanks!

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 10:26 PM

I remember Paducah as a highlight on a roadtrip I took a few years ago. You have some good tips!

• tony248's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 8:43 AM

I have lived in the Paducah area all my life but you saw things of interest that I have taken for granted. A perfect example of not being able to see the forest for the trees. Thanks!

mikelisaanna

“A Traveling Family from New Jersey”

Badges & Stats in Paducah

Have you been to Paducah?

Latest Activity in Paducah