Evanston Local Custom Tips by mikelisaanna Top 5 Page for this destination
Evanston Local Customs: 7 reviews and 4 photos
Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston, is the smallest university in the Big Ten athletic conference, and is also the school with the highest academic standards (although some Michigan alumni may argue that claim). As a result, it is often in the bottom half of the league standings in football and basketball. However, Northwestern has strong programs in a number of the less visible sports, such as soccer, golf, softball, swimming, and field hockey.
Northwestern's team nickname is the Wildcats and its mascot is Willie the Wildcat. The university's official color is purple, and its teams wear uniforms that are purple and white.
More Reviews (5)
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Evanston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Victoriana meets Helmut Jahn on the Lake"
- "A University "Creates" A Town"
- "Evanston Illinois"
- "Evanston, Illinois"
- "Evanston pretty place outside of Chicago"
- "Evanston - north of Chicago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Evanston
- Hotels in Evanston
- Transportation in Evanston
- Nightlife in Evanston
- Restaurants in Evanston
- Shopping in Evanston
- Warnings and Dangers in Evanston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tripoli Hotels
- Pepin Island Hotels
- Stalis Hotels
- Granite Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Evanston
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Evanston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Evanston
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos