Evanston Things to Do Tips by mikelisaanna Top 5 Page for this destination
Evanston Things to Do: 33 reviews and 32 photos
The entrance to the Alice Millar Chapel
The Alice Millar Chapel is the chapel for Northwestern University's students and faculty. It was built in the 1960s and features beautiful stained glass windows that stretch to the ceiling and reminded us somewhat of Saint-Chapelle in Paris (although the Millar chapel windows feature much more modern designs). The chapel is open to the public and hosts Protestant church services every Sunday morning. In addition to its beautiful windows, the chapel also features an impressive pipe organ. Construction of the chapel was bankrolled by Foster McGaw, who named the building after his mother (Millar was her maiden name).
Directions: The Alice Millar Chapel is located at the Southwestern corner of the Northwestern University campus in Evanston.
The Rock is the most famous piece of stone on the Northwestern University campus. It is a large rock that gets painted and graffitied (along with the wall in front of it) multiple times per week by the university's students.
One of the entrances to Northwestern University
Northwestern University is a large, private university located in Evanston along the shore of Lake Michigan. The campus is open to the public, and we enjoyed strolling around it one afternoon while we were in town. The buildings on the campus are a jumble of architectural styles, ranging from gothic-style stone buildings to modern glass and concrete monstrosities. Our favorite building was the university's chapel, which has beautiful stained glass windows and an impressive pipe organ. We also like the small gardens which are interspersed around the campus.
Directions: Along the Lake Michigan waterfront in Evanston
More Reviews (3)
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Evanston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Victoriana meets Helmut Jahn on the Lake"
- "A University "Creates" A Town"
- "Evanston Illinois"
- "Evanston, Illinois"
- "Evanston pretty place outside of Chicago"
- "Evanston - north of Chicago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Evanston
- Hotels in Evanston
- Transportation in Evanston
- Nightlife in Evanston
- Restaurants in Evanston
- Shopping in Evanston
- Warnings and Dangers in Evanston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pasay City Hotels
- Dau Hotels
- The Cove Palisades State Park Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Murthal Hotels
Badges & Stats in Evanston
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Evanston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Evanston
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos