"Santa Paula, California" Santa Paula by mikelisaanna
Santa Paula Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 186 photos
Santa Paula is a low-key town of 28,000 people that lies in Ventura County's Santa Clara Valley, about an hour west of Los Angeles and about 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Santa Paula's economy is driven by agriculture, with dozens of citrus tree orchards surrounding the town. Oil was also an important influence on Santa Paula, as the town served as the early headquarters location for Union Oil, the predecessor to Unocal. The town features a petroleum museum, which highlights that part of its history.
Santa Paula's downtown is well-preserved, with a main streeet full of shops and restaurants. We particularly enjoyed the many large murals that have been painted on the outside walls of many of the downtown area's buildings.
If you are looking for a nice day trip away from the crowds in Los Angeles, Santa Paula provides a good destination.
The Glen Tavern Inn is a historic hotel in downtown Santa Paula where we stayed while in town for a friend's wedding. It... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Santa Paula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Paula- Citrus Fruit Capital of the World!"
- "Santa Paula"
- "Santa Paula, California"
- "Incredible Outdoor Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Paula
- Hotels in Santa Paula
- Transportation in Santa Paula
- Restaurants in Santa Paula
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Paula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Paula
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Santa Paula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Paula
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos