"Kenai Fjords National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Kenai Fjords National Park by mikelisaanna
Kenai Fjords National Park Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 52 photos
Kenai Fjords National Park was established in 1980 to preserve a rugged section of southern Alaska coastline near Seward on the Kenai Peninsula. Only a small section of of the park is accessable by road. The best way to see it is by boat, which gives you a great vew of its spectacular coastal scenery and its marine wildlife.
The coast of the Kenai Fjords region features rugged mountain ridges that run out into the sea, creating a series jagged peninsulas and islands that pop up out of the water. The nearby Harding Icefield, one of the largest in the US, feeds glaciers that run into the sea between the ridges.
Another of the park's highlights is its wildlife. While we were there, we saw humpback whales, sea lions, porpoises, and Dall sheep.
- Pros:Beautiful coastal scenery without crowds
- Cons:Not the easiest place to get to
- In a nutshell:A little-known National Park that is worth visiting
You can sea lions in a number of locations around the many coastlines and islands of Kenai Fjords National Park. They... more travel advice
Holgate glacier is a large glacier that empties into the sea at the end of the Holgate arm of Ailalik Bay in Kenai... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Kenai Fjords National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glaciers, fjords and marine mammals"
- "Kenai Fjords National Park"
- "Jumping Around the Kenai Fjords!"
- "Kenai Fjords National Park - By land and sea"
- "Kenai Fjord National Park - Simply Breathtaking"
- "All the way to Hawaii"
- "Boating and other ice adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenai Fjords National Park
- Transportation in Kenai Fjords National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenai Fjords National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenai Fjords National Park
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Kenai Fjords National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenai Fjords National Park
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Ideas for the last day of our..."
- Commented on one of goingsolo's Kenai Fjords National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Holgate Glacier"
- Wrote a Review Be prepared for the weather! in Kenai Fjords National Park What to Pack
- updated a Kenai Fjords National Park Travel Page "Kenai Fjords National Park"
Photos in Kenai Fjords National ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos