"Lipica - Home of the Famous Horses" Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica by mikelisaanna
Lipica Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 166 photos
Lipica, Slovenia is the site of the farm where the famous Lippizaner horses are bred. The farm was formerly owned by the Austria-Hungarian empire's Hapsburg family, who raised horses there, and then sent them to Vienna. After the two world wars, the herds of Lippizaner horses got separated between SLovenia and Austria, and have remained separated ever since.
The farm is open for tours, which are given hourly in a variety of languages. There is also an equestrian exhibition that occurs 3 or four days a week at 3PM and is open to the public.
- Pros:Beattiful horses
- Cons:Lots of tourists
- In a nutshell:A nice day trip from Ljubljana
Every hour, there is a tour offered of the stables where the Lippizaner horses are bred and raised. In addition to the... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Lipica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Lipizzaners - UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Home of the worlds most beautiful horses."
- "Lipica - Home of the Famous Horses"
- "DOBRODOSLI TO MY LIPICA PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lipica
- Hotels in Lipica
- Transportation in Lipica
- Nightlife in Lipica
- Restaurants in Lipica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lipica
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Lipica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lipica
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos