"Piran - The jewel of the Slovene Coast" Piran by mikelisaanna
Piran Travel Guide: 517 reviews and 1,252 photos
Piran is an old port town that sits on a peninsula which juts out into the Adriatic sea just south of Trieste and Koper. Piran was originally a Venetian port, and still features a picturesque harbor next to its main square, Tartini Square. The town itself feels much like Dubrovnik, with far fewer tourists. It features a number of interesting old churches, lots of cafes, and plenty of narrow streets that you can wander through. Cars are not allowed in much of the town, so you park and walk in. We enjoyed our day there and look forward to coming back some time in the future.
- Pros:Well preserved architecture, lots of cafes
- Cons:Cars not allowed - you must park and walk into town
- In a nutshell:Interesting old port town on the Slovene coast
1st of May Square is the second-largest square in Piran. It is located west of Tartini Square. Its name reminds you that... more travel advice
St. Peter's church is one of the oldest churches in Piran, dating back to the 1200s. Its interior features a beautiful... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Photos in PiranSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos