"Saint Petersburg" Saint Petersburg by mikelisaanna

Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,519 reviews and 7,466 photos

We spent a week in Saint Petersburg at the end of the Summer of 2003. For a couple that grew up during the Cold War, the thought of going to Russia was a bit strange, but we were so glad that we made the trip! Saint Petersburg is awesome - it is one of the MUST VISIT places in the world. The imperial palaces were amazing, the churches were beautiful, and the Hermitage art museum topped them all. We spent 8 days in and around Saint Petersburg, but would have loved to have stayed longer. There are an incredible number of things to see and do.

• Pros:The Hermitage art museum, plus amazing palaces and churches.
  • Cons:Weather - cold and damp
  • In a nutshell:One of the world's treasures
  • Last visit to Saint Petersburg: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2005

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2011 at 8:33 AM

The cathedrals are so beautiful and to see a mammoth must have been fantastic. Excellent page!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Lucky you having 8days here! Such a nice page with photo's to match. I think that is the 1st real pink Church I have seen, rather cute!!!!

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

great page on St Petersburg. it is a city I'd like to visit some day. cheers! M

• pcg821's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Hi Mike, Lisa and Anna great tips and and photos.my 2 trips to st pete were outstanding also,one of my top destinations ,See you at the NY meet in a few weeks

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2008 at 4:10 AM

Wonderful pages!! I hope to visit here someday!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Shared the same thoughts when we visited SPb for 2 days during a cruise--couldn't believe I was there and knew immediately that I wanted to return some day soon. Loved the city. Nice page!

• josephescu's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 6:32 AM

Thanks for sharing your tips. the St. Petersburg page proved very useful, as i contemplate changing my summer holiday destination.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 7:04 AM

Thank you for visiting my St. Petersburg page. Love yours. You managed to see so much more but then we were there only 2 and half days and our adnvance is that we can go again easier than you! It's great that you continue travelling as a family!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 1:35 PM

Ah yes... folks who travel as a family. Travellers after our own heart. Very interesting page. I can imagine reading medicine labels in cyrillic. God knows what you'd end up taking. : )

mikelisaanna

“A Traveling Family from New Jersey”

Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg

Have you been to Saint Petersburg?

Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg