"Krakow - Poland's Gem" Krakow by mikelisaanna
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,448 reviews and 10,469 photos
Krakow is the one large city in Poland that did not get heavily damaged in World War II. Thank God it was spared, because it is a fascinating city full of history, culture, and beautiful old architecture. The old part of the city is unscarred by scyscrapers or ugly Stalinist buildings, and is full of beautiful churches and ornate baroque buildings. At its heart is the Rynek, a large square full of outdoor cafes. Overlooking the old town is the Wawel hill, featuring the city's castle and cathedral.
Krakow is a very pedestrian-friendly, and many streets in the old town are off limits to cars. Most of the main tourist sights in Krakow are within a 20 minute walk of each other, and and they aren't nearly as crowded as the sights in Prague, the city that Krakow most closely reminded us of. Perhaps most important, Krakow is full of friendly people. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Krakow and look forward to returning some day.
- Pros:Scenic city center with well preserved old buildings. Fewer tourists than Prague or Vienna.
- Cons:No obvious ones. Krakow's pros far outweigh its cons.
- In a nutshell:A beautiful, well-preserved city with friendly people and plenty to see
St. Mary's Basilica is an impresssive brick church located on the northeastern corner of the Rynek Glowny, Krakow's main... more travel advice
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is a large underground salt mine located just outside Krakow that has hundreds of miles of... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "WELCOME TO KRAKOW"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 29 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos