"Kutna Hora" Kutna Hora by mikelisaanna
Kutna Hora Travel Guide: 365 reviews and 959 photos
Kutna Hora is town located about an hour's drive east of Prague. The town has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and contains a number of sights worth seeing. Kutna Hora derived its wealth from silver mining during the middle ages. Much of this wealth was used to build the impressive St. Barbara's cathedral, which is a huge gothic cathedral that is as large as St. Vitus' cathedral in Prague. Other sights to visit in and around Kutna Hora include the Italian Court (a palace and former mint), the Sedlec Ossuary (which is decorated with thousands of bones), and the church of St. John Nepomuk.
- Pros:Wonderful cathedral, interesting medieval buildings
- Cons:Tough to get to by public transportation
- In a nutshell:Well-preserved medieval town with a huge cathedral
This is a 10-sided gothic stone fountain that was built in the late 1400s to supply water to the town. It is located in... more travel advice
Between St. Barbara's Cathdral and the Center of town is a very large building that used to house Kutna Hora's Jesuit... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Kutna Hora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old bones Galore for the serious bone connaisseur"
- "North Bohemian Growing Pains"
- "Kutná Hora - treasury of the Czech Kingdom"
- "The Historical Kutna Hora.."
- "Kutna Hora - formerly rich of silver Czech town"
- "St Barbara Cathedral..."
- "Kutna Hora - A Day Outside of Prague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutna Hora
- Hotels in Kutna Hora
- Transportation in Kutna Hora
- Nightlife in Kutna Hora
- Restaurants in Kutna Hora
- Shopping in Kutna Hora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutna Hora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutna Hora
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Kutna Hora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutna Hora
Photos in Kutna HoraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos