"Melk Abbey" Melk by mikelisaanna
Melk Travel Guide: 219 reviews and 852 photos
Mekl Abbey is one of the most beautiful monasteries in the world. It is best known for its library, which contains thousands of old books located in a room with a magnificant painted ceiling. The other main highlights are the magnificent baroque church and the museum, which contains a nice collection of jeweled religious objects. We also enjoyed the view from the abbey, which looks out over a wide valley. Melk is about a two hour drive from Vienna.
- Pros:Wonderful church, library and museum
- Cons:Lots of tourists
- In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful sights in Austria
The Melk Abbey features a beautiful baroque church with ornate decorations covering nearly every square inch of the... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Photos in MelkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos