"Montenegro" Republic of Montenegro by mikelisaanna
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide: 2,488 reviews and 5,984 photos
Our trip to Montenegro was the first major vacation that we booked primarily based on tips from virtualtourist.com. When we told our friends here in the USA that we were going to Montenegro they looked at us as if we had suddenly sprouted three heads. Either they did not know where it was or they though that it still had a war in progress. Little did they know that it is a beautiful country with rugged mountains, friendly people, beaches and plenty of historic towns to tour. We were pleasantly surprised how many younger Montenegrins spoke English and how willing they were to help us when we got lost or couldn't read things written in Serbian. After a week in Montenegro, we were not happy to have to get on the airplane to head back.
- Pros:Rugged mountains and coastlines, friendly people, historic towns. Inexpensive.
- Cons:Dated infrastructure, few direct flights
- In a nutshell:An underrated vacation destination with a lot to offer
In the Boka Kotorska (Bay of Kotor) near Perast lie two small islands with churches on them. One, a natural island,... more travel advice
Montenegro's Adriatic coast south of Budva has plenty of good beaches. Some are all pebbles, while others have sand. The... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crna Gora"
- "Montenegro - A Visit to the Old Country"
- "WILD BEAUTY"
- "Od sveg srca cestitamo nezavisnost!"
- "Magic of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Montenegro
- Hotels in Republic of Montenegro
- Transportation in Republic of Montenegro
- Nightlife in Republic of Montenegro
- Restaurants in Republic of Montenegro
- Shopping in Republic of Montenegro
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Montenegro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Montenegro
- 31 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Republic of Montenegro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Montenegro
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Currency to use and carry..."
- updated a Republic of Montenegro Travel Page "Montenegro"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy Montenegro's beaches"
- Commented on one of cbeaujean's Republic of Montenegro travel pages
- Wrote a Review The island churches near Perast in Republic of Montenegro Things to Do
Photos in Republic of MontenegroSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos