"Malcesine - A historic little town on Lake Garda" Top 5 Page for this destination Malcesine by mikelisaanna
Malcesine Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 241 photos
Malcesine is a charming little town on the eastern shore of Lake Garda in northern Italy. Malcesine has a population of about 3000, which multiplies during the summer season, when summer residents and tourists descend on the town. Although it gets crowded in the summer, Malcesine is still definitely worth visiting, with its windy narrow streets, its castle looming above the town, its views of the mountains across Lake Garda, and its small beaches.
We spent five days in Malcesine and thoroughly enjoyed it. We walked around the town, sampled its cafes, visited the castle, and relaxed on the waterfront. We also took the ferry to a number of the other towns around Lake Garda and did a day trip to nearby Verona.
- Pros:Historic town on beautiful Lake Garda
- Cons:Lots of tourists in the summer months
The St. Stefano Church is Malcesine's main church. It lies just south of the center of town along the main north-south... more travel advice
Just uphill from the center of Malcesine is an aerial tramway that takes you up Mt. Baldo for great views of Lake Garda,... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Malcesine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Malcesine - position, position, position"
- "Malcesine - A historic little town on Lake Garda"
- "My favourite place on Lake Garda"
- "lake garda"
- "Malcesine, Lake Garda - best town to be in"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malcesine
- Hotels in Malcesine
- Transportation in Malcesine
- Restaurants in Malcesine
- Shopping in Malcesine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malcesine
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Malcesine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malcesine
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos