"Victoria Falls" Victoria Falls by mikelisaanna
Victoria Falls Travel Guide: 443 reviews and 1,077 photos
Victoria Falls is one of the world's great waterfalls, a massive wall of water over a mile wide and 350 feet high (twice as high as Niagara Falls). The falls straddle the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, which is formed by the Zambezi river. Tourists have the option of staying on either side of the border; in the town of Livingstone in Zambia or the town of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. There is a bridge just downstream of the falls, which connects the two countries. You can stay on one side and walk across the bridge to the other side.
Due to the economic meltdown and political instabilities in Zimbabwe, we opted to stay on the Zambian side of the falls. We did, however, do a side trip across the bridge into Zimbabwe.
The border between Zimbabwe and Zambia is formed by the Zambezi River. The easiest place to cross the border is on the... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Victoria Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smoke that Thunders""
- "Victoria Falls, the smoke that thunders"
- "VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE"
- "Victoria Falls - The smoke that thunders."
- "THE BEAUTIFUL SIDE OF THE FALLS"
- "Twenty-six hours at Victoria Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria Falls
- Hotels in Victoria Falls
- Transportation in Victoria Falls
- Nightlife in Victoria Falls
- Restaurants in Victoria Falls
- Shopping in Victoria Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria Falls
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Victoria Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria Falls
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos