"Hazyview - The Gateway to Kruger National Park" Hazyview by mikelisaanna
Hazyview Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
Hazyview is a town that lies about 10 miles west of two of the entrances to Kruger Namtional Park. If you have a car, you can drive to the Numbi or Phabeni Gates of Kruger in less than 20 mintutes from Hazyview.
There is not much of a downtown in Hazyview - its downtown is basically a collection of strip shopping centrs with a main road running between them. However, Hazyview is a good place to stay when visiting Kruger, because it offers accomodations that are cheaper than what you can find in Kruger, and has plenty of places to eat, shop, and take care of your day-to-day needs (banks, laundry, groceries, etc).
The one tourist attacion in Hazyview that we did visit was the Hazyview Elephant Sanctuary, where you can touch and ride elephants. It's great fun for children.
If you are staying in Hazyview, make sure that, in addition to visiting Kruger, that you also take a day and drive west up into the mountains outside of Graskop, where God's Window, Wonder View, Blyde RIver Canyon, and the Three Rondavels offer some of Africa's best scenic views. In taht same area, there are also a number of 200 foot+ high waterfalls.
- Pros:Convenient to Kruger National Park
- Cons:The town is not very scenic
- In a nutshell:A convenient base camp for Kruger NP and Blyde Canyon
Kruger is one of South Africa's largest National Parks, and one of the best for viewing large animals in the wild. It is... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Hazyview Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hazyview - The Gateway to Kruger National Park"
- "HIPPO CROSSING"
- "The Rainforest in South Africa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hazyview
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Hazyview?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hazyview
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos