"Meus Viagems...." mschwar's Profile

Brazil

The first time that I really got to see life outside of the U.S. was when I went on a cultural exchange with Amigos das Americas to Brazil. I was in Brazil for 2 months during my junior year summer of High School. This trip is what opened my eyes to traveling. It gave me a taste of traveling...

Guatemala - A year later

Brazil made me want to learn more about my own culture. I was born in Guatemala, and here I was, a Guatemalan who had left the country to go to Brazil to learn a different language when I hadn't even traveled to Guatemala and I didn't even speak spanish that well! So I decided to go to Guatemala the next summer. I spent 2 months in Guatemala visiting with relatives and traveling. I wish I had some more glamorous pictures to share but I dont have a scanner and we had TERRIBLE luck with the cameras in Guate. (Not to mention I'm a terrible photographer)

Spring Break '05

Spring break. (mid March) I went to Bahia Kino in Sonora, Mexico. The trip didn't turn out the way I had hoped it would, (my girlfriend got sick and we had to leave without even having been there for 24 hours) However that had been my first time being in Mexico (other than Juarez) and it gave me a lot of respect for Mexico. The country has always been really close and accessable to me (4 hours away) and I had always taken that for granted. It's a beautiful country with beautiful people. Too bad I didn't get to stay longer. I loved Mexico!

This Summer

I just finished my summer trip. I started in Natal and I made my way down the coast of Brazil then over to Argentina, up to Bolivia, and up to Peru, stopping in Joao Pessoa, Olinda and Recife, Salvador, Morro de Sao Paulo, Lencois, Rio, Foz do Iguacu, Buenos Aires, Villazon, Uyuni, Potosi, La Paz, Copacabana, Puno, Cusco, Arequipa, and Iquitos. It was an amazing trip and I wish that I would have had more time in South America.

Christmas in South America

This December I will be heading off to Brazil again to spend Christmas with my girlfriend and then we will head to the Iguazu Falls, then to Mendoza, the Argentine and Chilean Lake District, and then to Temuco and Santiago.

• Intro Updated Nov 12, 2005

• claireashp's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 2:00 PM

Hola! You are so lucky to be living in Albuquerque. I will be going to live there next July! Que tal tu Español? Saludas desde Tenerife

• ronaldbarr's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2005 at 1:22 PM

Greetings from Ireland. It’s simply great to meet you here on VT! I like your pages and will drop by to see how they develop. Best wishes ronaldbarr

• Mar 8, 2005 at 3:28 PM

hey buddy! looking forward to travelling with you through Argentina,Peru, and either Bolivia or Chile. See ya! ryan

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mschwar's Profile Photo

mschwar

“Always think as though you are traveling , open your eyes and ears and you will see something new everyday.”

Ranked Member