"Gold Field Mining Town" Goldfield by Azonie
Goldfield Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
Goldfield is a replica of an 1890's mining town Tourist activities include an underground mine tour, the only narrow gauge railroad operating in Arizona, the Superstition Mountain Museum and jeep tours of the Superstition Mountains. Many gift and souvenir shops also operate in Goldfield. Open daily. Goldfield is northeast of Apache Junction, about 3 miles from the intersection of AZ Hwy. 88 (The Apache Trail) and Old West Highway
I took my sister here at Christmas time one year and it was PERFECT weather..I wouldn't recommend going after April but if you do then make sure you take plenty of water. After April is when the weather gets really HOT.
When we visited the mining town there was a little snow on the Superstitions Which made it even more picturesque. You probably can't see it from this distance though.
- Pros:Lots of fun for everyone!
- Cons:None that I found
- In a nutshell:Just a fun place to visit all the way around.
Azonie's Related Pages
Goldfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Goldfield Ghost Town!"
- "Gold Field Mining Town"
- "Jumping in Goldfield!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goldfield
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Goldfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goldfield
Photos in GoldfieldSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Savannah Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Destin Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tybee Island Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Clearwater Beach Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Taos Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerome Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Tortilla Flat Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Goldfield Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sebring Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos