"Life's a Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured by argentia

Balatonfured Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 55 photos

I visited Balatonfured for what was supposed to be 2 days at the beach right at the halfway mark of my 5-week backpacking adventure. Well, I didn't leave after 2 days!

Balatonfured is a very charming town on the north shore of Lake Balaton. It's one of the largest towns on the lake, but it feels more like a cozy hideaway than a big tourist hotspot. Though I assume the town gets busier once the Hungarians start taking their summer holidays, Balatonfured is still a place I would love to return to at any time of the year.

This is one of the nicest places to walk in Balatonfured. The tree-lined stone path stretches for several kilometers down the lakeshore, and the shade is a welcome friend from the midday sun.

I passed by this market, located near the marina, at least 3 times daily. Every time I did, I joked that I would take this giant salami with me for the rest of my trip. When I realized that it probably wouldn't fit into my backpack, I decided to take one last picture to remember it by!
=P

• Last visit to Balatonfured: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2005

• Dec 7, 2005 at 2:04 PM

Enjoyed your photos very much:) Did you like the langos?:) Otherwise planning to fly to Toronto in July, hope to see ya ;-)

argentia

“Necessities of life: Oxygen, Water, Travel. And not necessarily in that order.”

Badges & Stats in Balatonfured

Have you been to Balatonfured?

Latest Activity in Balatonfured