"Life's a Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured by argentia
Balatonfured Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 55 photos
I visited Balatonfured for what was supposed to be 2 days at the beach right at the halfway mark of my 5-week backpacking adventure. Well, I didn't leave after 2 days!
Balatonfured is a very charming town on the north shore of Lake Balaton. It's one of the largest towns on the lake, but it feels more like a cozy hideaway than a big tourist hotspot. Though I assume the town gets busier once the Hungarians start taking their summer holidays, Balatonfured is still a place I would love to return to at any time of the year.
This is one of the nicest places to walk in Balatonfured. The tree-lined stone path stretches for several kilometers down the lakeshore, and the shade is a welcome friend from the midday sun.
I passed by this market, located near the marina, at least 3 times daily. Every time I did, I joked that I would take this giant salami with me for the rest of my trip. When I realized that it probably wouldn't fit into my backpack, I decided to take one last picture to remember it by!
This is the beach located a few kilometers away from the main strand and marina. I think we may have been the only... more travel advice
The Balatonfured boardwalk begins at the marina, which is right in the centre of town at the lake. The boardwalk... more travel advice
argentia's Related Pages
Balatonfured Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ben-UK's Balatonfured page"
- "Life's a Beach"
- "Swan Lake"
- "The Hungarian Sea"
- "the centre of the historic wine region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Balatonfured
- Hotels in Balatonfured
- Transportation in Balatonfured
- Restaurants in Balatonfured
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Balatonfured
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Balatonfured?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balatonfured
Photos in BalatonfuredSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Brussels 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Hallstatt Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lugano Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Werfen Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- London 5 reviews, 5 photos