Milan Things to Do Tips by argentia
Milan Things to Do: 1,034 reviews and 2,266 photos
Santa Maria Delle Grazie
The old church or Santa Maria Delle Grazie is now home to one of the most famous frescoes in the world: Da Vinci's 'Last Supper'. In order to see this masterpiece you must reserve tickets, which can be done on the website for the Cenacolo Vinciano. Reservations open approximately 3 months before the date (i.e for July 13th, tickets are available from April 13th) and they go fast. About 20 tickets are available for each viewing (every 15 minutes daily).
Arrive at least 10 minutes before your reservation in order to pick up your tickets in time. Each group is then ushered into 2 consecutive holding rooms before you are allowed to enter the viewing room. Once inside, you are allowed 15 minutes to view the fresco (and an additional one on the other side of the room) before you are ushered out to another holding room and the exit. No bags or cameras allowed inside.
Address: Corso Magenta
Directions: Metro 1 - Conciliazione
Spires of the Duomo
This is the largest church in Milano. The soaring ceilings, colourful stained-glass windows, and shining white marble make it a gorgeous sight. You can ride the elevator (6 euro) or take the stairs up to the roof and actually walk around the entire structure. The panoramic view of the city is amazing.
Address: Piazza Duomo
The castello was an old fort protecting the city. It now houses a number of museums, and has large gardens in the back.
Address: Piazza Castello
Directions: Cairoli Metro Exit
Galleria di Vittorio Emmanuele
The Galleria is filled with high-end designer shops (and a McDonalds!). In the centre is a mosaic on the floor of a bull. It's local custom to stomp on the bull's...well, private area...for good luck. In fact, the mosaic gets restored every few years because of the damage.
Address: Piazza Duomo-Piazza della Scala
Directions: Metro 1 & 3 - Duomo
More Reviews (1)
argentia's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Brussels 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Hallstatt Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lugano Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Werfen Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- London 5 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Duomo - Cathedral- 195 Reviews, 439 Photos
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II- 108 Reviews, 216 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 103 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Theater alla Scala- 57 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Naviglio Grande- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Cenacolo - Last Supper- 48 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Day Trip to Como- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District - CLOSED- 31 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Church Santa Maria Delle Grazie- 25 Reviews, 76 Photos
- San Siro Stadium- 24 Reviews, 34 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do