"Trudy's Travels" argentia's Profile
Hello and Welcome! I am Trudy and this is my VT page.
My graduation trip is slowly taking shape. Unfortunately, my plans to travel around Scandinavia have fallen through...but I will be sunning myself along the beaches of Spain instead!
Keep on rocking in the free world, and happy travels!
One of my favourite things to do while travelling is just wander the streets of a new city...take in the sights and smells and people watch and be really glad I'm experiencing something totally different. And the thing about Toronto is that with so many different neighbourhoods, it can feel like I'm wandering through a foreign place. I like strolling through the Kensington Market area, the Annex, Cabbagetown, Bloor West Village...I don't think I can name them all!
And for anyone who doesn't know much about T.O.--it is so much more than 'just another big city'. I love it here and I know I'm not alone. This picture is a perfect example. U2 arrived in Toronto to play 4 shows over 6 nights (all sell-outs, but what else do you expect from U2?), and those of us at the last show got a special treat when Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam came out on stage to sing with Bono. Pearl Jam's T.O. concert was 2 nights later, but they arrived early because (and they have said this in previous concerts) they love the city. And the boys from U2 stuck around after their week here, and Bono returned the favour on Eddie's stage. How's that for star endorsement?!?
Shell Beach, St. Barthelemy
Mala Strana, Prague
Sailing in the Aegean Sea
Key West, Florida
Pelekas Beach, Corfu
Inside Sacre Coeur, Paris
The Jordaan, Amsterdam
Shopping on Rue Ste-Catharine, Montreal
My family started taking yearly vacations when I was 8. 2-week road trips down the US east coast...short visits to cities in Ontario and Quebec. I loved it. I loved being able to say I'd been somewhere different and seen different things.
I'd been bitten by the travel bug.
Eventually I grew up enough to appreciate the opportunities I had to travel, and know how lucky I was to have seen as much as I had.
I had a fabulous history teacher in high school who took us on 2 trips to Europe. And I've been itching to travel abroad every year since then. In 2005 I finally got around to doing the traditional rite of passage--the European backpacking trip. And it was FABULOUS.
I don't need a vaccine or some medication. I'll stay bitten.
The very fact that I am a VT member tells you one of my biggest passions: TRAVEL!
I'm also very into music. I guess I would consider myself to be a minor music junkie...I listen to the radio or my mp3 player pretty much any chance I get. Toronto has a fantastic music scene--we get all the major concert tours, and indie music gets great support here. There are so many small clubs where you can go to discover the Next Big Thing and just enjoy the music.
So what's my third passion? Well, as a true BLUE Canadian girl, I love hockey! I'm a huge fan of the home team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Toronto is the absolute hockey capital of the world and I love every second of the season. Even though the Leafs are pretty not-so-good this year I'll always support them. I just hope I'll see them win the Cup in my lifetime!
A smile goes a long way!
Train travel is exhausting.
The proper way to say 'pecan' and 'St. Croix'
Mersi. Bedankt. Koszonom. Dekuji. Danke.
You always need more socks than you think you will
People ARE willing to help.
If the locals aren't eating it, you probably shouldn't either
How fortunate I am to be Canadian!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 102 Reviews
- 167 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- argentia and Tetreus are now friends.
- Posted in Travel District de Luxembourg Forum "Valley of Seven Castles"
- Commented on one of epicult's Honduras travel pages
- Wrote a Review Great Pizza in Toronto Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "Trudy's Travels"
- updated a Lugano Travelogue "Snapshots from Lugano"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snapshots from Lugano"
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Brussels 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Hallstatt Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lugano Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Werfen Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- London 5 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos