"Trudy's Travels" argentia's Profile

Hello and Welcome! I am Trudy and this is my VT page.

My graduation trip is slowly taking shape. Unfortunately, my plans to travel around Scandinavia have fallen through...but I will be sunning myself along the beaches of Spain instead!

Keep on rocking in the free world, and happy travels!

Toronto: Home and Abroad?

One of my favourite things to do while travelling is just wander the streets of a new city...take in the sights and smells and people watch and be really glad I'm experiencing something totally different. And the thing about Toronto is that with so many different neighbourhoods, it can feel like I'm wandering through a foreign place. I like strolling through the Kensington Market area, the Annex, Cabbagetown, Bloor West Village...I don't think I can name them all!

And for anyone who doesn't know much about T.O.--it is so much more than 'just another big city'. I love it here and I know I'm not alone. This picture is a perfect example. U2 arrived in Toronto to play 4 shows over 6 nights (all sell-outs, but what else do you expect from U2?), and those of us at the last show got a special treat when Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam came out on stage to sing with Bono. Pearl Jam's T.O. concert was 2 nights later, but they arrived early because (and they have said this in previous concerts) they love the city. And the boys from U2 stuck around after their week here, and Bono returned the favour on Eddie's stage. How's that for star endorsement?!?

Some of my favourite places...so far

Shell Beach, St. Barthelemy
Mala Strana, Prague
Sailing in the Aegean Sea
Key West, Florida
Pelekas Beach, Corfu
Inside Sacre Coeur, Paris
The Jordaan, Amsterdam
Shopping on Rue Ste-Catharine, Montreal

It's not my fault! I was bitten as a child!

My family started taking yearly vacations when I was 8. 2-week road trips down the US east coast...short visits to cities in Ontario and Quebec. I loved it. I loved being able to say I'd been somewhere different and seen different things.

I'd been bitten by the travel bug.

Eventually I grew up enough to appreciate the opportunities I had to travel, and know how lucky I was to have seen as much as I had.

I had a fabulous history teacher in high school who took us on 2 trips to Europe. And I've been itching to travel abroad every year since then. In 2005 I finally got around to doing the traditional rite of passage--the European backpacking trip. And it was FABULOUS.

I don't need a vaccine or some medication. I'll stay bitten.

My passions

The very fact that I am a VT member tells you one of my biggest passions: TRAVEL!

I'm also very into music. I guess I would consider myself to be a minor music junkie...I listen to the radio or my mp3 player pretty much any chance I get. Toronto has a fantastic music scene--we get all the major concert tours, and indie music gets great support here. There are so many small clubs where you can go to discover the Next Big Thing and just enjoy the music.

So what's my third passion? Well, as a true BLUE Canadian girl, I love hockey! I'm a huge fan of the home team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Toronto is the absolute hockey capital of the world and I love every second of the season. Even though the Leafs are pretty not-so-good this year I'll always support them. I just hope I'll see them win the Cup in my lifetime!

Things I have learned while travelling

A smile goes a long way!
Train travel is exhausting.
The proper way to say 'pecan' and 'St. Croix'
Mersi. Bedankt. Koszonom. Dekuji. Danke.
You always need more socks than you think you will
People ARE willing to help.
If the locals aren't eating it, you probably shouldn't either

How fortunate I am to be Canadian!

• Intro Updated Apr 22, 2007

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2012 at 4:06 AM

You are among one of the 1411 VT members on today's birthday list. Cheers. Wish you a great happy birthday, healthy and wealthy to keep your travelling hobby.

• selim45's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2011 at 7:28 AM

happy birthday...

• seakayaker's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM

HaPpYBiRtHdAy Trudy! Best Wishes on your special day, well yours and the other 1/365th of the world.What's not to love about T-town? Easy VIA from Windsor, good beer, China Town Dim Sum/more beer/hockey/Red Green/Duct Tape/more beer/You Guys Rock ! Cheers

• Dec 29, 2008 at 4:39 PM

Toronto rocks!! I wish I could get up there more. Also, huge fan of PJ. Never saw them with Bono though - I'm soooo jealous.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Happy birthday. Hope you have a long life full of great travels.

• leics's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 10:35 AM

So pleased you enjoyed the guide! I'll be making the 'Spring' one soon......:-)) Best, J

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Nice PPP, Trudy! Top bird! I like it :-)

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye..I wish that you realize all your dreams...good luck ...

• Tetreus's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 1:10 AM

Have a great 2007 !! Janine Andrea Livia

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes and you're right about the socks. hawaii is great but I miss hockey! Go Caps!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
argentia's Profile Photo

argentia

“Necessities of life: Oxygen, Water, Travel. And not necessarily in that order.”

Real Name