"Changhua, my hometown where I grew up!!" Changhua by yatingchen
Changhua Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 83 photos
1-2 centuries ago Lu-Gang was very prosperous.
"Lu" means deers and "Gang" port in Mandarin. Ma-Zhu in Chinese culture is famous for being God who protects sailors' security and leads them way home on sea. People there made money mainly by fishing. so built the big temple.
Ma-Zu Temple in Lu-Gang is one of the biggest Ma-Zu Temples in Taiwan. It has also a small museum where shows religious culture.
It keeps the looking in old time. Many old & pretty houses are together and makes the area extra charming. You would feel the time back and yourself in old space.
Once in Lu-Gang I saw a TV-Soap film there. Besides it, the street is now very commercial. Every old house becomes stores and most sell traditional souvenior, but some can also sell something not about the history.
Tien-Wei, my hometown is flower country. The most local people plant flowers and trees for life. The flowers that you... more travel advice
Wei egg pan cake is really very very delicious. A bite is full of egg smell. It has kept its simple taste over decades... more travel advice
yatingchen's Related Pages
Changhua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Chang-hua"
- "Little Known Changhua Taiwan"
- "Chang-hua County (chinese: ¹ü¤Æ¿¤¥«)"
- "Changhua, my hometown where I grew up!!"
- "Changhua...a place, do i like?!"
- "LuKung (ancient town in ChangHua)"
- "Nostalgic Style in Lu Gang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changhua
- Nightlife in Changhua
- Restaurants in Changhua
- Shopping in Changhua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changhua
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Changhua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changhua
Photos in ChanghuaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 47 reviews, 97 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 31 reviews, 91 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 40 reviews, 70 photos
- Singapore Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos
- Hannover Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Chiang Rai Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Shih Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos
- Tachilek Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos