"If You're Passing Through..." Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe by Small_World

Monroe Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 140 photos

My favorite thing about Monroe is the river--I never get tired of watching it and I'm mesmerized by its beauty. I've always been captivated by rivers, anyway, because of their power and movement (at least they are going places - ha), but this one is particularly enchanting.

Although I'm not sure why anyone would stop by Monroe on purpose (to see the Duck Commander, perhaps?), there are some interesting things to find here. Me, for example. :-)

I'll try to point out some of the more interesting sites.

• Last visit to Monroe: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 26, 2005

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I am enjoying trying to find somewhere to stay in this area next year for a night or two when we do a road trip. Some fascinating small towns. I love the river picture.

• Jul 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Cypress Inn- worst fried food in Monroe! Great view of Bayou DeSiard, but horrible food! I live in San Antonio now and when I was last in Monroe, I wanted seafood, but GOOD restaurants are closed on Sundays. I regret that Cypress Inn was open.

• Feb 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM

The house is no longer pink - which led to some outcry among long time residents. Someone bought it, and re-painted it. They either intend to live there, or are living there now, and make the building into apartments/condos or something.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Sana Helwa YaGamil♫ Sana Helwa YaGamil♫♫ Sana Helwa YaHabiby♫ Sana Helwa YaGamil♫♫

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 3:35 AM

Great picture of the river ;-)

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 8:22 AM

I'd get exposed to the pigeon poop...... the adventure is always worth the risk...

• turnip2000's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 7:08 PM

Oh yeah, I stole your "ultimate convenience " photo...sorry :)

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 8:44 PM

Hey neighbor! I am south of you in Lafayette...there is another VT gal not far in Gulfport. We should do a VT meeting some day. Barry in Louisiana

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 8:56 AM

A lot of people go by a river, lake, or beach and never think about the water. I live at the Jersey shore and you'll be surprised how many people never notice its beauty. Check my site out, I plan to up-date it soon with some water views.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my VT pages :) I just came back from Italy .. check back to see my Italy pages grow :) Cheers!

Small_World Lives Here!

Small_World

“There's no place like home . . . can't wait to find it.”

Badges & Stats in Monroe