"Georgetown" Georgetown by Small_World

Georgetown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 75 photos

I love this place!

I'd heard about how the buildings were original from the gold and silver rush days, and since I was on business in nearby Golden, I decided to have a look. I was charmed by the scenery and the friendliness of the place from the moment I came to town. Everybody there knows everyone else (and a few of them even know me now :-)), and they made me feel so welcome.

You know how it is on trips, sometimes, where you go for days without meeting anyone, much less anyone interesting? Well, up until I came to Georgetown, that's how my Colorado trip had been going. And just when I had come to terms wtih being totally alone on my trip, I found a kindred spirit who closed down her shop to have supper with me. We're now planning trips together, and I wouldn't trade the experience of finding a new friend for anything.

The town is in a bowl-shaped park, surrounded by mountains on all sides, and every view is simply breathtaking. I could so live there, if I could survive the winter. Oh. And if I could find a job there. ::sigh::

• Last visit to Georgetown: Jul 2006
  • Intro Written Aug 6, 2006

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 11:05 AM

Hi Susan! Sounds like a pretty eventful trip after all! Looking forward to "The Rest of the Story"... Haha! Great tips!

• Docu2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Bed of logs? Shirt of hair perhaps? Peace ... R

Small_World

“There's no place like home . . . can't wait to find it.”

Badges & Stats in Georgetown

Have you been to Georgetown?

Latest Activity in Georgetown