"Georgetown" Georgetown by Small_World
Georgetown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 75 photos
I'd heard about how the buildings were original from the gold and silver rush days, and since I was on business in nearby Golden, I decided to have a look. I was charmed by the scenery and the friendliness of the place from the moment I came to town. Everybody there knows everyone else (and a few of them even know me now :-)), and they made me feel so welcome.
You know how it is on trips, sometimes, where you go for days without meeting anyone, much less anyone interesting? Well, up until I came to Georgetown, that's how my Colorado trip had been going. And just when I had come to terms wtih being totally alone on my trip, I found a kindred spirit who closed down her shop to have supper with me. We're now planning trips together, and I wouldn't trade the experience of finding a new friend for anything.
The town is in a bowl-shaped park, surrounded by mountains on all sides, and every view is simply breathtaking. I could so live there, if I could survive the winter. Oh. And if I could find a job there. ::sigh::
I was walking the streets of Georgetown, killing time until my meeting started, and wasn't planning on going into any... more travel advice
When you're in Georgetown, go to the end of Rose Street and you'll see the sign for Guanella Pass. This 22-mile road... more travel advice
Small_World's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver"
- "Georgetown, Colorado"
- "One of Colorado's Best Towns"
- "Queen of the Silver Camps"
- "Georgetown- My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississippi Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Ellisville Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Honduras Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Colorado Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Oxford Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Georgetown Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hot Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
Latest Georgetown hotel reviews
- Georgetown Mountain Inn
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013