"To many this image epitimises the Isle of Man" Douglas by Pauldelabar
Douglas Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 87 photos
Laxey is just a few miles from Douglas north in the direction of Ramsey.
Laxey is also the starting point for the mountain railway to the top of Snaefell.
Picture 'borrowed' from an IOM tourism site.
Currency: British and Manx pound.
Language: English (and Manx: historical only )
Nearest large town(s)/city: IS Douglas.
If you find my tips useful, ratings would be appreciated. Thanks.
If I can quote from the little vinyl record that came with my holiday brochure for the Isle of Man at the time that I went there.
'When standing on the top of Snaefell (the mountain) you can see five kingdoms. England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and above - the Kingdom of Heaven'.
When I stayed in Douglas, this was the Falcon Cliff Hotel which used to put on some good entertainment in the evenings for a modest fee on the door.
However, I am told that it is not a Hotel anymore. Sad loss.
Flags of the Isle of Man on Douglas promenade. The 3 legged design on the flag history says that, "No matter how I land, I will stand". Or something like that. The tracks in the foreground are for the horse drawn tram that runs along the seafront.
such as Port_Erin (Link)
Or how about Peel (Link)
or Back to my Homepage (Link)
- Pros:Being an island, everything is only a short distance away.
- Cons:TT races close a lot of roads making getting about a nightmare.
- In a nutshell:Many things to see. A great holiday.
I suppose one can't miss out the subject of the Isle of Man TT motor bike races. The races effectively close all the... more travel advice
I say walk because although this is a roadway, it is only accessable for part of the way due to erosion and its... more travel advice
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To many this image epitimises the Isle of Man"
- "Ah Douglas... Blackpool meets the City of London"
- "Douglas - Isle of Man"
- "The Isle of Man"
- "U-N-D-E-R _______ C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Douglas
- Hotels in Douglas
- Transportation in Douglas
- Nightlife in Douglas
- Restaurants in Douglas
- Shopping in Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Douglas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Everglades Hotels
- Jerez de la Frontera
- Bahía de Caráquez
- Tulsk Hotels
- Upper Heyford Hotels
- Amnicon Falls Hotels
- Serra de Arrábida
- Coney Island
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Metulla Hotels
- Kentucky Dam Village State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Douglas
- 14 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douglas
Photos in DouglasSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
Latest Douglas hotel reviews
- Admiral House
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013