"Gosport, Hants" Gosport by Pauldelabar
Gosport Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 16 photos
Nearest large town(s)/city: Portsmouth or Fareham.
The quickest way to get from Portsmouth to Gosport is by ferry.
Otherwise you have to go the long way around by road and via Fareham.
If you find my tips useful, ratings would be appreciated. Thanks.
A picture of the harbour at Gosport courtesy of the Gosport council site.
Portsmouth, of course, is home to the Royal Navy; and Gosport is just the other side of the water from Portsmouth.
No article on Gosport would be complete without some reference to the Navy. Standing on 'the hard' by the ferry landing stage is a good vantage point to watch the ships depart or arrive.
If you get hold of a copy of the 'Navy News' , (available at most stationers in the area), you can find when Royal Navy ships will be arriving or departing.
If you look closely at the picture, you will see a long white pennant trailing backward. This means that the ship has returned to be decommissioned. (Paying off).
- Pros:A slower pace of life.
- Cons:Not much employment unless you work for the Navy.
- In a nutshell:Girlfriend lived there.
Having got to Gosport, doubtless that transport from the ferry is desireable. The bus station at Gosport is only a short... more travel advice
The Saturday market is a great place to get brgains or just to go browsing. Everyone seems to walk at a much slower... more travel advice
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Gosport Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Gosport
- Transportation in Gosport
- Restaurants in Gosport
- Shopping in Gosport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gosport
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gosport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gosport
Photos in GosportSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos