Highley Off The Beaten Path Tips by Pauldelabar
Highley Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 5 photos
The ferry at work.
Just north of Highley and the next station but one on the Severn Valley Railway is Hampton Loade.
Here you will find a ferry to cross the River Severn that is worked by the river current and attatched to a steel rope. These are rapidly disapearing modes of transport in the 21st century.
Other Contact: Down from Hampton Loade station
Not a common thing these days are fords through streams and rivers.
This one is located not far from Highley, on the road towards Stottesdon.
It features the ford itself for road vehicles and a raised footbridge for pedestrians.
Other Contact: 'Pathfinder map 932, 72/73:83/84
Highley has a particularly good example of a sandstone built church.
Well worth a photograph or two when you are in this area.
Also, don't you find, that when in a churches grounds, everything becomes more tranquil and a feeling of peace descends upon you?
More Reviews (7)
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Highley Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Highley
- Transportation in Highley
- Nightlife in Highley
- Restaurants in Highley
- Warnings and Dangers in Highley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highley
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Highley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highley
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos