Highley Things to Do Tips by Pauldelabar
Highley Things to Do: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Up train to Kidderminster.
The Severn Valley Railway is a must. This is an interest for both young and old alike. Steam hauled trains go from Highley to Kidderminster via Arley and Bewdley in the one direction and to Bridgnorth via the Country Park Halt and Hampton Loade in the other.
Parking is limited at Highley and another option is to park at either Bridgnorth or Kidderminster and to visit Highley on the steam train or, alternatively, travel the whole stretch of line from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth.
At Kidderminster there is a connection with Central Trains services.
With a ticket to travel the whole length of line you can break your journey at any or all of the intermediate stations along the way. A ticket from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth and back currently is £11.50.
If you are travelling to the Severn Valley Railway by train, a through ticket is available from your local station.
Highley has only one platform so the same is used for travelling North and South. Friendly volunteer station staff will advise which train goes where.
Address: Highley Station SV, Station Road, Highley. Shrops.
Directions: From Bridgnorth, take the Highley road. Go through the villiage and turn left. The station is 3/4 mile from the turning.
'Shanks's ponies' is a slang expression for walking. Along the banks of the river Severn are walkable paths accessable from nearby any of the Severn Valley stations.
When walking in a beautiful setting, besides the obvious great views and scenery you will be able to collect your thoughts and unwind from the hectic pace of life so prevelent today.
Address: The banks of the Severn
Directions: Anywhere between Bridgnorth and Bewdley.
More Reviews (8)
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Highley Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Highley
- Transportation in Highley
- Nightlife in Highley
- Restaurants in Highley
- Warnings and Dangers in Highley
- See All...
Explore the World
- Malapascua Island
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- Caticlan Hotels
- Hat Yai
- Goa Velha Hotels
- York Village
- Nettles Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Highley
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Highley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highley
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos