"Llangollen, (The Railway), Wales." Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen by Pauldelabar
Llangollen Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 186 photos
The railway station that can be just glimpsed through the trees belongs to the Llangollen Railway, which is a steam preservation line which runs to Carrog through beautiful Welsh scenery.
For much more on Llangollen, I recommend seeing another members pages, those of GrandmaR at Llangollen (Link).
Look at the picture of the Welsh hills with nothing to mar the view.
With the smell of steam wafting in through the carriage windows, you could really think that you had travelled back in time.
This is the temporary terminus of the line. How long it will be before the extension to Corwen becomes a reality, we cannot say. Time and funds always limit a venture such as this.
What a wonderful setting for this premier steam railway.
- In a nutshell:One of the best preservation lines in existence.
Can you pronounce it? Glin-dif-erd-wee. and not a vowel it it! This is one of the main intermediate stations on the... more travel advice
Llangollen is situated upon the river Dee, itself worthy of a photograph from the river bridge. By looking at this... more travel advice
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Llangollen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""There'll be a Welcome In The Hillside!""
- "Llangollen, Wales"
- "What a beautiful place...LLANGOLLEN"
- "Llangollen, (The Railway), Wales."
- "THE LAND OF SONG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Llangollen
- Hotels in Llangollen
- Transportation in Llangollen
- Restaurants in Llangollen
- Shopping in Llangollen
- Warnings and Dangers in Llangollen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Llangollen
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Llangollen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llangollen
Photos in LlangollenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
Latest Llangollen hotel reviews
- Best Western Wild Pheasant Hotel
- 369 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Chainbridge Hotel
- 338 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- 182 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Tyn Y Wern Hotel
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- White Waters Country Hotel
- 405 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013