Stourbridge Favorite Tips by Pauldelabar
Stourbridge Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Favorite thing: In the Crown centre shopping area, a new feature has materialised.
A unique clock that is really in line with Stourbridge's past has been errected. When the hour chimes, figurines move around the clock.
One of the moving clock features is a model of the 'Stourbridge Lion' which was the first locomotive to run in the US, having been shipped there after being built in Stourbridge.
Fondest memory: This is definately a good thing that the past is being put on display so that the young can apreciate that Stourbridge has a HISTORY beyond just the wine bars, nightclubs and Mac Donalds.
Lower High Street
Favorite thing: My favourite thing about Stourbridge is that it is the place where I was born and lived for about 45 years. I have seen it change in many ways over the years. Stourbridge is only a short distance from Colley Gate, Halesowen, where I live now at present.
Fondest memory: I don't really miss Stourbridge as I visit on an almost daily basis when I go to the pub that I used to help run, the Old Crispin, for a drink. (Until moving to Spain, that is).
I worked behind the bar at that black & white half timbered pub, (The Mitre - pictured), for a few years as well.
More Reviews (36)
- See All Irish Pub. (Enville Street)
- See All Stourport on Severn
- Christmas lights at Farlands Road
- See All Crown Centre.
Pauldelabar's Related Pages
Stourbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stourbridge. West Midlands, England"
- "Stourbridge Town Arm Canal"
- "Stourbridge - an insiders view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stourbridge
- Hotels in Stourbridge
- Transportation in Stourbridge
- Nightlife in Stourbridge
- Restaurants in Stourbridge
- Shopping in Stourbridge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Stourbridge
- 38 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Stourbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stourbridge
Photos in StourbridgeSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nerja Intro, 101 reviews, 272 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stourbridge Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Highley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alveley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torquay Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llangollen Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Halesowen Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos