"Tony and Michelle's Travel Pages" TonyBagnall's Profile
Hi, we hope to collate our travel experiences here, but it is a work in progress so dont expect much yet. We started using VT in 2004 for a trip to Goa and have found it an invaluable resource, so thought it time we start contributing more. This originally started as Tony's page but now it's a joint page.
Places Tony has been to (not including Europe):
Tanzania and Zanzibar 1995,
Western Australia 2000,
Places Tony and Michelle have been to together:
East coast of Australia 2004,
New York 2004,
Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, 2005,
Malaysia and Singapore, 2006
Las Vegas, 2006
Hong Kong, 2006 (a good year for travel!)
Places Michelle has been to - my list looks a bit sparse without the European trips so I've included them here:
One month inter-railing in Europe (mainly Italy and Solvenia) and 5 weeks island hopping in Greece in 1995;
Two months in Scotland 1996;
Thailand for one month in 2001;
Bali for 3 weeks in 2002.
Other places in Europe over the years - Barcelona, Palma and Amsterdam.
Places we have visited together - Paris, Prague, southern Germany, Sans Sebastian, Bilbao and Salamanca in Spain.
We like to take it slowly when we travel - we go to relax not to cross all the sights of our tourist list. We've found that a trip of one month in length is just right for us - it gives us enough time to wind down and take the holiday at a lesuirely pace. Three weeks always leaves us wanting more. Unfortunately we have to work so can't go on many month-long trips. Shame! We did manage to sneak in a 3 month trip last year soaking up the sights in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia though so we shouldn't complain. Is it just me or do we all work too much??
There are three types of holiday we generally go on. Our favourite is probably the beach holiday and we've been on more of these that any other type. We both love snorkelling and kayaking and generally bumming around in beautiful tropical places.
We also love going on city breaks. The best one we've been on has to be New York - quite simply the best city in the world (Tony edit: Except of course for London, which places host to Arsenal so is obviously the best city in the world).
We went to Borneo in April 2006 and it was amazing. Definately want to go on more wildlife holidays now.
We live in Norwich in the East of England. We live in the city centre and love it because it's a really nice place to be. We have started to build some VT pages about Norwich and the surrounding area - the Norfolk Broads (great for boating) and the North Norfolk Coast, a wild and beautiful area with long sandy beaches.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 119 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Wrote a Review Gorgeous beach bungalows in the... in Gili Gede Hotels
- created a Indonesia Travel Page "Three weeks in Indonesia, 2009"
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: BTF ferry to Airport"
updated their Profile Page "Tony and Michelle's Travel Pages"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Disco Curry"
- Commented on one of Vita500's Hong Kong travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borneo Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norwich Intro, 40 reviews, 10 photos
- El Nido Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 10 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 17 reviews, 5 photos
- Gili Gede 1 review, 5 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Malaysia 1 review
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos