"Small Island Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Bequia Island by Sunniebgi
Bequia Island Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 91 photos
You might think it strange for someone who lives on an island (Barbados) to rave about another island and want to go there on holiday. But Bequia is a totally different experience for us. My husband says Bequia is Barbados 20 years ago.. and I believe him (expect for the 50 channel cable television you can get).
Laid back, unassuming, relaxing. Thats how I would discribe Bequia. Nice people (at least the ones we met). lovely scenery. Great Beaches.
You can walk Bequia if you want, but I highly recommend a taxi, at least for the first couple of days. Mountains (for an island) and sheer drops in some cases.
East Coast, the Atlantic Ocean, rough and powerful, with coves with calmer water. West Coast, Bays with long stretches of beautiful sand. and Port Elizabeth, the main "city" where the port is, and most restaurants, shops, stores etc.
This island is great and I highly recommend it to everyone.
For a small island, you will not believe this pizza. Better than I can get in Barbados and in some cases the US, anyday.... more travel advice
Sunniebgi's Related Pages
Bequia Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bequia - The big little island"
- "Small Island Paradise"
- "Paradise Found"
- "Bequia - 3rd leg of 4"
- "Unspoiled Caribbean-It still exists in Bequia"
- "Beautiful Bequia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bequia Island
- Hotels in Bequia Island
- Transportation in Bequia Island
- Nightlife in Bequia Island
- Restaurants in Bequia Island
- Shopping in Bequia Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Bequia Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bequia Island
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bequia Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bequia Island
Photos in Bequia IslandSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Barbados Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bequia Island Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Vermont 1 review, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chapel Hill 1 review
- Sanford Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.