"Small Island Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Bequia Island by Sunniebgi

Bequia Island Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 92 photos

We Love Bequia

You might think it strange for someone who lives on an island (Barbados) to rave about another island and want to go there on holiday. But Bequia is a totally different experience for us. My husband says Bequia is Barbados 20 years ago.. and I believe him (expect for the 50 channel cable television you can get).

Laid back, unassuming, relaxing. Thats how I would discribe Bequia. Nice people (at least the ones we met). lovely scenery. Great Beaches.

You can walk Bequia if you want, but I highly recommend a taxi, at least for the first couple of days. Mountains (for an island) and sheer drops in some cases.

East Coast, the Atlantic Ocean, rough and powerful, with coves with calmer water. West Coast, Bays with long stretches of beautiful sand. and Port Elizabeth, the main "city" where the port is, and most restaurants, shops, stores etc.

This island is great and I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Last visit to Bequia Island: Apr 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 11, 2005

• Craigellachie's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 5:32 AM

I second your opinion on Bequia - it's a lovely place. I often went here on day trips when I lived in St. Vincent but that wasn't yesterday! Still go back there whenever I can manage a holiday in SVG.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 4:30 AM

Nice page. Greetings.

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 11:53 AM

Happy Birthday....Looks like a nice place to be even if you are in a rut......

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Hi Sarah! Nice start on your Bequia Island page. Hope to see more tips and photos later on. Happy birthday from Finland!

• Mar 10, 2006 at 4:59 AM

You answered my question about Barbados - lunch layover - and it's because I'm coming back from Bequia!! Going with my wife, and 2 friends one of whom owns a small place not far from Elizabeth !

Badges & Stats in Bequia Island

Have you been to Bequia Island?

Latest Activity in Bequia Island