"Higlights of Owen Sound" Owen Sound by sasha18

Owen Sound Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 46 photos

Living In Owen Sound

I was attending school in Owensound at St. Mary's High School for grades nine and ten. I found the town to be a wonderful place, I wish I didn't have to move because it's a magnificant place and I loved it!. I find that Owensound is sort of like a rural place, lots of farming surrounding the town, they have a population of 23,000. There are three schools in the area OSCVI, St.Mary's High School, and West Hill High School. There are lots of exciting places and awesome highlights in the area. My favorite place that I love to go to all the time just to watch and get my mind together is Englis Falls, a old mill consists there back in the days and just a tourist place now that leads to Harison Park. Harison Park is a place you can go swimming, go to the small zoo nearby, play games, and go paddle boat riding. Owensound is not really an expensive place to go unless you want to go to the expensive restaurants, it's not a high price place. Other places you could really visit is Storybook Park, on the outskirts of Owensound it's an amusement park just fit for children and their family members I notice Storybook Park is base on stories but basically made into fun, it's a nice place to go with your children. Another place that is great is a former man you lived there "Tom Thompson" he has is music and art is the central library in the downtown area of 2nd street West of Owensound. They have a bowling alley, malls, department stores, move theatres. The weather in winter is very cold because they are right under the snow belt, many times we had a snow and ultimately broke a record in so many year because due to me walking to school I had to go more times then the bus students because most of the them were out of town students but for me....personally.... I got over twenty-days of no school. In the winter, they have a the "northern Lights" all of December where peope and businnes sponsor lights and other sorts of decorations and for a whole two blocks of downtown Owensound on 1st anhd 2nd East and West you have lights entirely all down the businesses and neighbourhoods, it's really something that you haven't seen before until you have checked it out. It's more snow then you would see more North at times, as for the summer it's very hot especially humid. Make sure you pack you snow stuff to dress warm in the winter and shorts and tank-tops in the summer because it gets really hot for being down south. There was nothing that I disliked as for two years I really did enjoy every minute of it.... hint.... It's best to take the Chi-Che-Maun from Manitoulin Island to Tobemory instead of almost going one for circle driving all around to owensound.... it's more fun, as your heading out that way you pass by the "ground hog" hometown of Wiarton Willy a population of about 500 people.

• Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:More than just farming and dining
  • Last visit to Owen Sound: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2005

Comments

sasha18

“Let's Get Show On The Road”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Owen Sound

Have you been to Owen Sound?

Latest Activity in Owen Sound