"**********MY HOME**********" Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut by sarrahh
Beirut Travel Guide: 924 reviews and 1,814 photos
Turns out that Beirut today is a very safe city just like any other american or european city.
The area of the city is roughly 67 sq km.
Beirut suffered in the 1970s and 1980sfrom civil warfare. But now it has been built again.You must visit Lebanon to feel it ....
Beirut survived a decade and a half of conflict and so has earned the right to call itself “the City that would not die”. As if to demonstrate this resiliency, the Lebanese have launched a great rush of building activity, including the public service infrastructure. In the ruined City Centre, a huge reconstruction project is underway to create a new commercial and residential district for the 21st century.
Commerce is second nature to Beirutis, who long ago discovered that their port city on the East-West crossroads was ideally placed for trading and business of all kinds. A banking centre with free currency exchange, the chief employment here is in the trade, banking, construction, import-export and service industries.
The Lebanese capital enjoys a vigorous press that publishes in Arabic, English, French and Armenian. Five Universities help keep ideas and innovations flowing. The flourishing art scene, including theatre, film making, music and plastic arts add to the sense that is indeed a city on the move.
Its many advantages also make Beirut a natural venue for international, regional or local conferences and conventions. Beirut’s Port, the largest in the Eastern Mediterranean, is equipped to handle tens of freight and passenger vessels. Further updating of its busy facilities will be made as part of Lebanon’s general reconstruction plan.
The new Beirut Airport with international standards, which serves the national carrier Middle East Airlines and numerous foreign airlines, has a capacity to handle six million passengers per year.
But the point is that these old bldgs. have an old design but they are new also cause they are reconsrusted and rebuilt.
Located in the Down Town Beirut.
- Cons:IT HAS BEEN BUILT 7 TIMES :(
choose ur own taste and ingredients of ur own burger starting from the bread ending with the diip u choose to eat beside... more travel advice
- See All valid passport and a Lebanese visa
- See All Lebanese Bread
- See All Where you can ride a Mercedes for less...
- See All Going to the beach
sarrahh's Related Pages
Beirut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beirut - بيروت"
- "Home sweet home :-)"
- "**********MY HOME**********"
- "Beyrouth - the capital of Lebanon"
- "Beirut -a phoenix risen from the ashes"
- "BEIRUT - Independent - Free and - United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beirut
- Hotels in Beirut
- Transportation in Beirut
- Nightlife in Beirut
- Restaurants in Beirut
- Shopping in Beirut
- Warnings and Dangers in Beirut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beirut
- 46 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 53 Forum posts
- 64 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Beirut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beirut
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 46 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lebanon Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sidon Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alexandria Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tripoli Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Jiddah Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Aley Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos