"### MY HOME PAGE ###" sarrahh's Profile

My name is Sarah Hammoud
I live in Lebanon
I am a Sociologist

Famous people I have met:
Jacques René Chirac French politician who was twice elected as the country's president.
Rafik Baha ad-Din Hariri (November 1, 1944 – February 14, 2005), a self-made billionaire and business tycoon, was the Prime Minister of Lebanon.
Saadeddine Rafiq al Hariri the majority leader in the Lebanese Parliament and the head of the Current for the Future, a political movement associated with his late father.He is the second son of Rafik Hariri.
Bahia Hariri a Lebanese politician and sister of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.
Dory Chamoun a Lebanese politician who leads the National Liberal Party, he becomes third candidate for Lebanese presidency.

PROVERBS

Some of the Lebanese Proverbs :

His head is big and his spirit is small.
Said of someone vain and narrow-minded.
Like the bell on the mule's tail
Said of someone who never stops talking
He carries the ladder sideways.
Said of someone who makes things more complicated than they have to be.
No life to call to
Said of someone apathetic or dense.
You speak to her in the East, she replies in the West.
Said of someone unfocused who's just not there when you talk to them.
Her breath is good for food.
Said of someone who has a gift for cooking, like the French "avoir les pouces verts" for someone good at gardening.

Oum Kolthoum

Oum Kolthoum is a famous Egyptian singer
I am in love with this kind of painting and esp. this pic
oumkolthoum
check my Cairo pages

Abou el sid

This is another pic from the ones i like
Abou El Sid. Egyptian Bar & Restaurant. 157, 26th of July Street, Zamalek, Cairo. Telephone: 73 59 640. Reservation highly recommended. Prices: Mezzes and Appetizers between LE 5 and LE 20 (US-$ 1.30–5.20), Main Dishes: from LE 10 to LE 42 ($ 2.60–11.00). Alcoholic beverages are served.

Abou el sid

one of my favorite links: Marimar I love you .I saw Cairo thru her eyes
marimar

From Luca

Thanks
Luca for sending this gr8 postcard from Milano, Italy.
From your hometown Milan with its beautifull cathedral.

Why Not???

* * * * * * * * * * * *

If you want to travel check these websites:
www.expedia.com
www.priceline.com
www.mea.com.lb

Arabica Sarah

Arabica Cafe
Arabica is my Fav. hang out, the sort of food they offer (FETEEER) is rarely found with such quality, and the music is great as well, they play Budda bar, jazz, reggy, and some times Mohammed Mounir and Fairouz, and guess what you can paint there as the tables are not covered with normal sheets but rather drawing sheets, and you can order water colors! you gotta check it out?!
Arabica Cafe is in Zamalek street, Cairo
At the corner of Ahmed Hishmat street beside Saudi super market

Travelling

Traveling was and still one of my favorite hobbies. I love visiting friends and family, seeing historical sites, and experiencing new cultures. Throughout my life I have been blessed to travel to a variety of different places around the world. To date, I have been to 4 continents & 11 countries, & dozens of cities, total of more than 25 travels.
During my travels, I love to learn about history and art. I love museums and “tourist” traps. Every time you travel a whole new world is opened and a whole new way of thinking.

• Intro Updated Apr 29, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!