"Kibbutz Dafna - Sweet Life" Dafna by purplekedi

Dafna Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 27 photos

When I came to Israel from Bodrum this time, we had a huge dillema. We could live in Eilat, by the wonderful Red Sea, or head up North and live in Kibbutz Dafna by the River Dan. It was a very hard decision you see because both the South and the North is absolutely beautiful. Finally, we flipped a coin, which told us to go North.

(In the meantime, Nir's sister lives in Eilat, so we always have an excuse to go :) It's great to walk through the avocado and grapefruit fields and find secret spots by the river to hang out, and swim if we dare. The water comes from the Mountain Chermon, which is covered with snow in the winter. So, guess what happens to all that snow in the summer? Yes, River Dan.

There are numerous amounts of flowers and tress, and parrots! That's right, we have parrots flying around here. The rumour has it that a traveller coming back from somewhere tropical brought a pair of parrots and they escaped and just built their own community!

It's great to be able to pick apricots from the tree at the back or wallnuts whenever I feel like. Mother nature is wonderful.

• Pros:Beautiful river spots, Close to skiing at Mount Chermon, Parrots, Picking fruits from the trees, Wonderful People...
  • Cons:Very crowded on the weekends & holidays at the camping site & around that you might just wanna pass.
  • In a nutshell:Must be experienced to heal one's soul.
  • Last visit to Dafna: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2005

• talmid's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2005 at 8:33 AM

I once stayed at this kibbutz's camping. It was great...and I think I am the reason why the discoteque was closed! :-)

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 2:12 AM

Is that on Highway 99 just after the shopping mall ??

purplekedi

“I'll go anywhere to have one more stamp in my passport”

Badges & Stats in Dafna