"Kibbutz Dafna - Sweet Life" Dafna by purplekedi
Dafna Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 27 photos
When I came to Israel from Bodrum this time, we had a huge dillema. We could live in Eilat, by the wonderful Red Sea, or head up North and live in Kibbutz Dafna by the River Dan. It was a very hard decision you see because both the South and the North is absolutely beautiful. Finally, we flipped a coin, which told us to go North.
(In the meantime, Nir's sister lives in Eilat, so we always have an excuse to go :) It's great to walk through the avocado and grapefruit fields and find secret spots by the river to hang out, and swim if we dare. The water comes from the Mountain Chermon, which is covered with snow in the winter. So, guess what happens to all that snow in the summer? Yes, River Dan.
There are numerous amounts of flowers and tress, and parrots! That's right, we have parrots flying around here. The rumour has it that a traveller coming back from somewhere tropical brought a pair of parrots and they escaped and just built their own community!
It's great to be able to pick apricots from the tree at the back or wallnuts whenever I feel like. Mother nature is wonderful.
- Pros:Beautiful river spots, Close to skiing at Mount Chermon, Parrots, Picking fruits from the trees, Wonderful People...
- Cons:Very crowded on the weekends & holidays at the camping site & around that you might just wanna pass.
- In a nutshell:Must be experienced to heal one's soul.
purplekedi's Related Pages
Dafna Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Dafna
- 1 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dafna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dafna
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kas Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Olympos Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kalekoy Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Akko Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Dafna Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Qiryat Motzkin Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Greenwich Intro, 1 review, 4 photos