"The Majestic Cliffs Of Moher" County Clare by ForestqueenNYC
County Clare Travel Guide: 713 reviews and 1,869 photos
This is one of the most breathtaking views that I saw in Ireland. I mean, that it is breath taking because it is beautiful, but also because it is a bit scary being up on the cliffs with the wind blowing.
This was a beautiful view of the cliffs, one that you will find on a lot of internet sites. I think you can walk all the way to the end, but we only walked a short distance up the hill. I gained more courage as I walked even going somewhat close to the side, but I was still very very careful.
Before I went to the cliffs, I heard the scary stories---a boy was blown off while talking to his mother on his cell phone. There are others, as well. Since I was going with my son, that's the the story that left an impression with me.
There are strong gusts of wind that suddenly come up, so if you do go out on the ledge, it is probably not a good idea to stand, but rather to inch your way out lying down on your stomach, as I saw some people doing.
The bottom line is: Be very careful, and don't do anything stupid.
- Pros:Incredibly beautiful and worth the trip.
- Cons:Lots of tourists
- In a nutshell:Don't miss this.
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos