New York City Warnings Or Dangers Tips by ForestqueenNYC
New York City Warnings and Dangers: 362 reviews and 206 photos
Unless you like to be packed in like a sardine and have plentry of patience, avoid this store on Saturday. It is packed to the gills and is absolutely no fun with that many people. On other days, it's well worth the trip. It is a fabulous store.
I just read this on the Drudge Report:
Woman Ticketed for Sitting on a Playground Bench with No Kids...
It seems that some parks and playgrounds in New York have signs posted that you are not to enter unless you are accompanied by a child. This is to keep pedophiles out. A good idea. But the police should use some common sense, for heaven's sakes. But since they don't, be aware of the signs and don't go in unless you have a child.
BTW the fine could be as much a $1000 and 90 days in jail.
Times Square on Saturday Afternoon
This is another place to avoid on Saturday. I went there on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I think everyone who lives in all five boroughs of New York plus all the tourists in town must have been there. I could hardy wait to get out of that area. It is impossible to take good photos with so many people. This photo is one of the less crowded areas that I saw.
If you should drop something on the tracks while you are waiting for the subway, you are standing too close to the edge. But, for heaven's sake, do not jump down on the tracks and try to retrieve it. More than likely, you will probably not be able to get back up on the platform before the next train arrives. Is it really worth risking your life.
My subway precautions 1,2, & 3 seem obvious, but yet all too often I read in the paper about one of these incidents occuring. It seems that people would have the common sense not to do these things, but I think it has more to do with lack of attentiveness, impulsiveness, and being too trusting than anything else.
Never stand near the edge of the the subway platform. It has happened several times since I moved here that someone has been pushed in front of an oncoming train.
My sons think I worry too much about this sort of thing, but after you have read about it in the paper a couple of times you realize that not everyone riding the subway is a decent person.
They have been saying it for as long as I can remember and it makes New Yorkers seem unfriendly, but it really is a good idea not to look strangers in the eye.
Be especially attentive when the subway is crowded. This is the best time for your pockets to be picked without your even knowing it. In fact you might consider waiting for the next train rather than squeezing in like a sardine.
NEVER, NEVER go after the pickpocket nor even yell at him. This could result in very disastrous consequences.
The food sold by the vendors on the street is inexpensive and can be delicious, but you are taking a chance when you eat it.
More Reviews (52)
- See All INEXPENSIVE EATING WITH VEGETARIAN...
- Is It Really Necessary To Look Like A...
- See All Great Website For Knowing How To Get...
- See All Website for NYC
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Askeaton Hotels
- Independence Hotels
- Malcesine Hotels
- Loenen Hotels
- Murmanskaya Oblast'
- Perkins Town
- Bahir Dar
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 60 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 112 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The 25 Most Overrated Places..."
- Commented on one of alyf1961's New York City travel pages
- Wrote a Review INEXPENSIVE EATING WITH VEGETARIAN CHOICES in New York City Restaurants
- updated a New York City Travelogue "ARCHITECTURE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ARCHITECTURE"
- Uploaded a Video to New York City
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
Latest New York City hotel reviews
- West Side Inn
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 19, 2012
- San Carlos Hotel
- 465 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
- 494 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Amsterdam Inn
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 12, 2012
- Manhattan Hotel
- 356 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Algonquin Hotel
- 944 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
- 931 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- East 73rd and York Ave Apartment
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2011
- Murray Hill Inn
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2012
- Eastgate Tower
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Jazz on the Town Hostel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 11, 2011
- Comfort Inn Lower East Side
- 407 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Wanderers Inn West
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 22, 2012
- Times Square- 266 Reviews, 411 Photos
- Central Park- 400 Reviews, 719 Photos
- Rockefeller Center- 210 Reviews, 357 Photos
- Empire State Building- 368 Reviews, 598 Photos
- Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island- 399 Reviews, 628 Photos
- Fifth Avenue- 58 Reviews, 91 Photos
- South Street Seaport- 68 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Chinatown- 102 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Wall Street- 139 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Ground Zero - World Trade Center- 147 Reviews, 264 Photos
See All New York City Things to Do