"Forest Hills" Forest Hills by ForestqueenNYC
Forest Hills Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 56 photos
Summer is here again and the crowds are out on Saturday afternoon shopping. In a few hours the streets will be bumper to bumper and the sidewalks packed with people. More than likely none of those people will be residents of Forest Hills. We will all have gone home or into Manhattan. For some reason this neighborhood attracts lots of young people from other areas. It is true there are lots of restaurants here and clothing and other stores, but it is still a mystery to me why this neighorhood is so popular. My only complaint is that the people leave their trash behind when they go home.
Forest Hills has several parts. The side south of the LIRR is called Forest Hills Gardens. I believe it is one of the first planned communities in the U.S. It is very beautiful and full of lush trees and flowering shrubbery. I don't think there is a house in the Gardens that would sell for less than one million.
This is another street in the Gardens on the other side of Askan Avenue. I don't know if one side is better than the other. There are beautiful houses on both sides. I guess those who llive in the Gardens would know. There are many different architectural styles in this neighborhood which makes it more interesting than most planned communities.
T Bone is my favorite neighborhood diner. I go there a lot. It feels very cozy to me and by now they know me. Sometimes... more travel advice
If you are out in Forest Hills and get a yearning for something sweet, you might want to stop by Bonelle's Pastry Shop.... more travel advice
Written Aug 12, 2011
Leaving Forest Hills
Written Oct 17, 2005
A Stroll Through Forest Hills Gardens
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Forest Hills Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forest Hills"
- "Queens - Forest Hills"
- "Forest Hills, Former home to the Ramones"
- See All...
- Transportation in Forest Hills
- Restaurants in Forest Hills
- Warnings and Dangers in Forest Hills
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forest Hills
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Forest Hills?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forest Hills
Photos in Forest HillsSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos