"Forest Hills" Forest Hills by ForestqueenNYC

Forest Hills Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 56 photos

Summer Afternoon In Forest Hills

Summer is here again and the crowds are out on Saturday afternoon shopping. In a few hours the streets will be bumper to bumper and the sidewalks packed with people. More than likely none of those people will be residents of Forest Hills. We will all have gone home or into Manhattan. For some reason this neighborhood attracts lots of young people from other areas. It is true there are lots of restaurants here and clothing and other stores, but it is still a mystery to me why this neighorhood is so popular. My only complaint is that the people leave their trash behind when they go home.

Forest Hills Gardens

Forest Hills has several parts. The side south of the LIRR is called Forest Hills Gardens. I believe it is one of the first planned communities in the U.S. It is very beautiful and full of lush trees and flowering shrubbery. I don't think there is a house in the Gardens that would sell for less than one million.

Forest Hills Gardens, The Other Side

This is another street in the Gardens on the other side of Askan Avenue. I don't know if one side is better than the other. There are beautiful houses on both sides. I guess those who llive in the Gardens would know. There are many different architectural styles in this neighborhood which makes it more interesting than most planned communities.

• Last visit to Forest Hills: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 4, 2005

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Wow... any place called Dirty's that is in your top 10 is a place I need to try!

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Second favorite of all NYC restaurants? I HAVE to check this place out.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 7:27 AM

Am just now looking at your FH page. Lots of memories there. My sister's Orthodontist was right on that main street that intersects w/Continental.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Hello. I can see some of the reason why you loved Forest Hills so much. It reminds be a bit of Coffs Harbour ... not so much by scenery but by general lovely community feeling. Thank you, I enjoyed my visit.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 9:31 PM

Yes, memories! - and with VT you can take them with you and share them as you go! LOL and, as always, Cheers, John.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 1:14 PM

I grew up in Flushing! I appreciate your comments about my paintings and writings on Jerusalem. You are very kind.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 4:53 PM

Lucky you living here in this area. Looks very quiet in Forest hills gardens. regards. hope you'll post more pics from here.regards

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Forest Hills

Have you been to Forest Hills?