"FLUSHING: Little Korea, U.S. Open, New York Mets" Flushing by ForestqueenNYC
Flushing Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 67 photos
The Flushing downtown, known also as Little Korea, is the last stop on the end of the Number 7 subway train.If you are Caucasian and you find your self in the neighborhood, you can possibly go into a restaurant where you will hear only Korean and you will be the only non Asian face in there. You can imagine that you are in Korea or another asian country when you are in Flushing.
You will also be able to eat something that you have never eaten before, something that you wouldn't be able to pronounce the name of, but something that tastes pretty darn good. Just ask the waitress. She may not be able to speak any more English that to tell you what to order and she will only order something that you will taste good even to your American taste buds.
Before you reach the end of the line on the subway, which by now is an el (elevated subway), you will pass the stadium where the U.S. Tennis Open is now played. (It used to be played in Forest Hills, Queens.) You will also pass Shea Stadium where the New York Mets play their home games.
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Flushing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flushing As It Was"
- "Flushing -the largest urban center in the Queens"
- "Welcome to Flushing"
- "Flushing, Queens part of New York City"
- "FLUSHING: Little Korea, U.S. Open, New York Mets"
- "Scotzman's new Flushing Page"
- "The Place where I grew down.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flushing
- Hotels in Flushing
- Transportation in Flushing
- Restaurants in Flushing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flushing
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Flushing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flushing
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Art galleries?"
- Commented on one of lionreb's Flushing travel pages
- updated a Flushing Travel Page "FLUSHING: Little Korea, U.S. Open, New York Mets"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Try Something Different for a Change"
- Wrote a Review Try Something Different for a Change in Flushing Restaurants
Photos in FlushingSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos