"Hoboken" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoboken by ForestqueenNYC

Hoboken Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 127 photos

A City Of Young People

From what I have been told, Hoboken was once a very unattractive town. It is now quite a charming old fashioned New Yorky type of place, very clean with lots of little pubs and restaurants. Many young people who work in Manhattan live there. I sat outside drinking a rasmopolitan at the Texas Arizona Restaurant and Bar, which is directly across the street from the Hoboken train station and subway stop, during the rush hour and watched hundreds of young professionals pour out of the subway. Most of them were dressed casually, as they do these days for work, but a few were wearing coats and ties. Out of hundreds, I probably saw only a handful of people over 40. It is definitely a city that attracts the young and upwardly mobile.

Streets Of Hoboken

There are a lot of very lovely streets in Hoboken with old houses and buildings that have been restored. It is nice to walk down these streets on a sunny afternoon ending your tour across from the park at the river at an outdoor cafe where you can have a glass of wine or a coffee.

Rush Hour In Hoboken

It is probably not practical to drive your car in rush hour in this town. Cars are bumper to bumper and don't move very fast. Public transportation to Manhattan is plentyful. There is the Path train, the Port Authority bus and the ferry. It really isn't necessary to drive your car into Manhattan, ever. If you must have a car, use it for country getaways.

• Pros:Clean, Lots of Pubs and Restaurants, Best View of Manhattan
  • Cons:None That I Know Of
  • In a nutshell:If you can't live in Manhattan, this is not a bad second.
  • Last visit to Hoboken: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2009

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Looks like a nice little place. Maybe I'll take a swing here when I visit NYC in October - I'm saving NYC itself for another visit in May 2011! Gillybob greetings

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 4:59 AM

Interesting little page. Never been to Hoboken. Wonder why you went. You always find amusement and a good cafe each place you go. I'll try to ck. it out next time I"m in NJ. Erie Lakwana brings back memories. My daugher used it when going to Drew Univ.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 8:37 AM

Hi there Francesca, I see you're back in Paris - having fun? Just had a quick flit around your NY page again as I'm sort of planning another 3 months in US next year, you certainly make NY buzz, John.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2006 at 7:10 AM

I've been here many times, but haven't gotten around to making a page.

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Hoboken

Have you been to Hoboken?

Latest Activity in Hoboken