"Hoboken" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoboken by ForestqueenNYC
Hoboken Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 127 photos
From what I have been told, Hoboken was once a very unattractive town. It is now quite a charming old fashioned New Yorky type of place, very clean with lots of little pubs and restaurants. Many young people who work in Manhattan live there. I sat outside drinking a rasmopolitan at the Texas Arizona Restaurant and Bar, which is directly across the street from the Hoboken train station and subway stop, during the rush hour and watched hundreds of young professionals pour out of the subway. Most of them were dressed casually, as they do these days for work, but a few were wearing coats and ties. Out of hundreds, I probably saw only a handful of people over 40. It is definitely a city that attracts the young and upwardly mobile.
There are a lot of very lovely streets in Hoboken with old houses and buildings that have been restored. It is nice to walk down these streets on a sunny afternoon ending your tour across from the park at the river at an outdoor cafe where you can have a glass of wine or a coffee.
It is probably not practical to drive your car in rush hour in this town. Cars are bumper to bumper and don't move very fast. Public transportation to Manhattan is plentyful. There is the Path train, the Port Authority bus and the ferry. It really isn't necessary to drive your car into Manhattan, ever. If you must have a car, use it for country getaways.
- Pros:Clean, Lots of Pubs and Restaurants, Best View of Manhattan
- Cons:None That I Know Of
- In a nutshell:If you can't live in Manhattan, this is not a bad second.
The best ways to get to Hoboken from Manhattan are the PATH train, the bus from Port Authority bus station, or the ferry... more travel advice
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Hoboken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hometown!"
- "Hoboken, NJ: Birthplace of Frank SInatra"
- "HOBOKEN - BIRTHPLACE OF OLE BLUE EYES"
- "Seamandrew's Hoboken Page"
- "VT Mtg in Hoboken - Nov 16, 2003"
- "Home and Baseball"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoboken
- Transportation in Hoboken
- Nightlife in Hoboken
- Restaurants in Hoboken
- Shopping in Hoboken
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoboken
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hoboken
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hoboken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoboken
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
Latest Hoboken hotel reviews
- W Hoboken
- 586 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013