"WELLESLEY" Wellesley by ForestqueenNYC
Wellesley Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 18 photos
Wellesley, Massachusetts, is a very upscale and pretty suburb about 30 minutes west of Boston. It is the home of some excellent schools of higher learning which rank among the top in the nation.
Wellesley College, a prestigious and expensive women's college, is probably most famous now because Hillary Clinton did her undergraduate work there. It has, however, always been a top choice for the daughters of the upperclass elite with brains. You can get a glimpse of the type of women who attended Wellesley before the feminist movement --late 50's-- from the movie, Mona Lisa Smile. The story took place at Wellesley College.
Babson College, also located in Wellesley, is internationally known for its management and entrepreneurship courses and it's MBA program at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business. Babson. Babson has ranked #1 in entrepreneurship by U.S. News and World Report for the 13th straight year. BusinessWeek and the Financial Times rank it's Executive Education among the top worldwide. Olin is one of the top ranking business schools internationally and has a student body composed of people from all over the world.
It is close enough to Boston to make it a very desirable location for people working in the city. There is a commuter train which is well used judging by the parking lot. It isn't a tourist attraction so more than likely you would only go there if you or your child was attending the schools there.
- Pros:Pretty, Clean, Not Far From Boston, Three Schools of Higher Learning
- Cons:Like most suburbs, poor public transportation makes it necessary to have a car.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful but too quiet for a city person like me.
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Wellesley Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wellesley
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Wellesley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wellesley
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos