"Beautiful, Historic Town on the Water" Marblehead by ForestqueenNYC

Marblehead Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 30 photos

Bad news, at least for me. I think I have lost my second digital camera in less than six months. The first one was stolen in Paris. I am not sure what I did with the second one. Apparently I cannot be trusted with an expensive camera so I guess I will have to go back to those throw away things and scan in the photos as I did when I first joined VT.

At anyrate, there will be no pictures of this fabulous little town from me.

This is such a lovely little town that I went there twice and I will go again and as often as possible. In fact, if I could I would seriously consider renting a place here for 6 months or a year.

Aside from the beauty of the historic section, it is absolutely peaceful, that is to say that I felt so completely relaxed there sitting by the water listening to the little waves lapping against the rocks and then walking to the park that overlooked the harbor and sitting on a park bench watching the boats come and go, reading, and even napping on one of the benches.

The drive to Marblehead Historic part is also quite lovely. I am sure that there are some beautiful neighborhoods which ordinarily I would make a point to drive through.

Going through Salem on the way is quite nice as well. Salem looks like it might be an interesting and pretty city also. I will have to spend much more time there the next time I am in Boston.

• Pros:Pretty, Clean, Peaceful, and Relaxing
  • Last visit to Marblehead: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2006

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Enjoyed your comments on Marblehead. Remembering when the kids used to jump from the cliffs into the cove. Many great moments in that town enjoying their fabulous architecture. Neat deli on main st. intersection

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Marblehead

Have you been to Marblehead?

Latest Activity in Marblehead