"Beautiful, Historic Town on the Water" Marblehead by ForestqueenNYC
Marblehead Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 30 photos
Bad news, at least for me. I think I have lost my second digital camera in less than six months. The first one was stolen in Paris. I am not sure what I did with the second one. Apparently I cannot be trusted with an expensive camera so I guess I will have to go back to those throw away things and scan in the photos as I did when I first joined VT.
At anyrate, there will be no pictures of this fabulous little town from me.
This is such a lovely little town that I went there twice and I will go again and as often as possible. In fact, if I could I would seriously consider renting a place here for 6 months or a year.
Aside from the beauty of the historic section, it is absolutely peaceful, that is to say that I felt so completely relaxed there sitting by the water listening to the little waves lapping against the rocks and then walking to the park that overlooked the harbor and sitting on a park bench watching the boats come and go, reading, and even napping on one of the benches.
The drive to Marblehead Historic part is also quite lovely. I am sure that there are some beautiful neighborhoods which ordinarily I would make a point to drive through.
Going through Salem on the way is quite nice as well. Salem looks like it might be an interesting and pretty city also. I will have to spend much more time there the next time I am in Boston.
- Pros:Pretty, Clean, Peaceful, and Relaxing
The MBTA bus no. 441/442 runs from Haymarket (Orange or Green Line) to downtown Marblehead. During rush periods on... more travel advice
This was really pretty awful food. How can you go wrong with mussels, really? But what an utter dissapointment. I am... more travel advice
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Marblehead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Town on the Water"
- "Marblehead - So Beautiful and close to Boston!"
- "Marblehead - Boston"
- "Salty old Marblehead"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marblehead
- Transportation in Marblehead
- Restaurants in Marblehead
- Shopping in Marblehead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marblehead
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Marblehead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marblehead
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos