Pensacola Restaurant Tips by ForestqueenNYC Top 5 Page for this destination
Pensacola Restaurants: 59 reviews and 54 photos
This is the perfect place to just sit and relax while having a cold drink, a bowl of chowder, or some gumbo.
It overlooks the water. Sit outside and enjoy watching the boats.
You can dock your boat here while eating.
Since I wrote the original tip, hurricane Ivan hit Pensacola. The restaurant is now closed. It doesn't say why, but my guess is that it was wiped out during the storm as it sat right on the water.
Favorite Dish: I didn't eat here, only had something to drink and sat in the sun. It was very pleasant.
Address: 619 S Palafox St
Comparison: about average
Directions: Downtown almost at the end of Palafox Street.
This obviously isn't a restaurant, but if you haven't had a Krispi Kreme donut, you must stop here. The best time, of course, is when they take them right out of the oven.
Of course, if you are a low carb fanatic then you will just have to pass on this place.
Favorite Dish: Any donut in the place.
Address: 980 North Ninth Avenue
Directions: Near Cervantes Street.
This is a really nice, slightly more formal restaurant than I would imagine the seafood restaurants at the beach would be. It is right on the bay near Seville Square.
The food is excellent. On both occasions that I went there, I had fish of the day encrusted in pecans and I thought it was delicious.
I got the impression that this restaurant was popular with the locals rather than the people who go to Pensacola for the beach.
The waitstaff is very pleasant and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
I am afraid I don't remember the price range.
The Fish House may have suffered some damage from hurricane Ivan, so call before going. I believe the Atlas Oyster House which is owned by the same restaurant group and is right next door is opened.
Favorite Dish: Fish of the day encrusted in pecans.
Address: 600 S BARRACKS ST STE 108
Directions: Near Seville Square.
They prepare authentic Italian Italian not Italian American food at this ristorante. The owner is from Sicily. It is a charming little restuarant on Seville Square with just a few tables. The food is very good and the waitstaff (the owner's son, when I was there) was very nice and efficient.
See the website below for a photo. It is not the restaurant's website. I couldn't find one for them.
I haven't been there in two years so prices may not be as stated below. It's not terrifically expensive.
Address: 304 S. Alcaniz Street
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Seville Square in downtown historic area.
This is on the main street in the downtown area, which was quite isolated when I went there. The coffee shop is very clean and the food is simple, but good, especially the cakes. Southern style cakes are my favorite and that is what they had there the day I went.
Favorite Dish: Coconut cake. This is one of my favorites and they make it the way I like it without the lemon filling. Coffee, of course.
Address: 506 S Palafox St
Comparison: about average
Directions: Downtown in the first block after Garden Street.
Phone: (850) 444-9020
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (24)
- See All Watch The Blue Angels Practice
- See All Chartered Fishing Trips
- See All Train Transportation To Pensacola
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Pensacola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "pensacola florida"
- "Pensacola: City, Beach, Childhood Home"
- "Eva's Pensacola and Pensacola Beach Page"
- "Flight Training in the Florida Panhandle"
- "Pensacola Beach"
- "Pensacola Florida"
- "3 1/2 Hours - and a world away - from New Orleans"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pensacola
- Hotels in Pensacola
- Transportation in Pensacola
- Nightlife in Pensacola
- Restaurants in Pensacola
- Shopping in Pensacola
- Warnings and Dangers in Pensacola
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kaohsiung Hotels
- The Entrance
- Bad Tölz
- Papua New Guinea Hotels
- Troy Hotels
- Trece Martires Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pensacola
- 29 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pensacola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pensacola
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any foot injury experts here ?"
- Commented on one of SachaGriffin's Pensacola travel pages
- created a Pensacola Travelogue "Miscelleneous Photos From Pensacola"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Miscelleneous Photos From Pensacola"
- Wrote a Review Watch The Blue Angels Practice in Pensacola Things to Do
Photos in PensacolaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
Latest Pensacola hotel reviews
- New World Inn
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front
- 648 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Palm Court Inn And Suites
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2012
- Clarion Inn Pensacola
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Pensacola Grand
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Sole Inn and Suites Hotel Pensacola
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
- 432 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hospitality Inn Pensacola NAS
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2012
- Baymont Inn and Suites Pensacola
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- Villas on the Gulf
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 9, 2013
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Pensacola
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Microtel Inn And Suites-Pensacola
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- MainStay Suites Pensacola
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Springhill Guesthouse
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 27, 2012