"Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by ForestqueenNYC
Georgetown Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 240 photos
The grandfather of my children grew up here as did their aunts and uncle and great grandparents. They worshipped at Holy Trinity and attended high school and university right around the corner from where they lived.
It was a wonderful place to be in its hayday. It is still a very expensive and prestigious place to live, but it has lost some of its lustre especially in the downtown section. There was a time when, while walking down the street, you might pass Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis looking in a shop window or Catherine Douglas, the scandalously much younger wife of the ancient supreme court justice, out for a stroll. Or you might see Bobby Kennedy getting out of his car in front of the widow Kennedy's house.
Those times, of course have passed.
These are some of the smaller townhouses in Georgetown. Though small they probably sell for around a million dollars or more. Georgetown in one of the most desirable areas of Washington, DC, in which to live. There are many much larger beautiful houses. It is worth an afternoon to stroll around these beautiful streets just to look at the houses.
At one time the trolly car passed through Georgetown. It no longer does but the tracks are still there. When it rains these streets can be treacherous to drive on especially wherever there are trolly tracks.
- Pros:Very Charming
You could spend a solid day walking around Georgetown looking at the beautiful houses, including the house of the late... more travel advice
This was my hangout in my hayday after my divorce about 20 years ago. It was a very trendy place at the time and we had... more travel advice
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood"
- "Historic and Trendy Georgetown"
- "Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators"
- "My home January 2004-- July 2006"
- "Historic Georgetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Transportation in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 19 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The 25 Most Overrated Places..."
- Commented on one of matcrazy1's Georgetown travel pages
- Wrote a Review Take A Walking Tour Of Georgetown in Georgetown Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take A Walking Tour Of Georgetown"
- updated a Georgetown Travel Page "Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators"
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
Latest Georgetown hotel reviews
- Washington Guest Suites Hotel
- 278 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013