"Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by ForestqueenNYC

Georgetown Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 240 photos

Also Home of My Family

The grandfather of my children grew up here as did their aunts and uncle and great grandparents. They worshipped at Holy Trinity and attended high school and university right around the corner from where they lived.

It was a wonderful place to be in its hayday. It is still a very expensive and prestigious place to live, but it has lost some of its lustre especially in the downtown section. There was a time when, while walking down the street, you might pass Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis looking in a shop window or Catherine Douglas, the scandalously much younger wife of the ancient supreme court justice, out for a stroll. Or you might see Bobby Kennedy getting out of his car in front of the widow Kennedy's house.

Those times, of course have passed.

Some Typical Houses In Georgetown

These are some of the smaller townhouses in Georgetown. Though small they probably sell for around a million dollars or more. Georgetown in one of the most desirable areas of Washington, DC, in which to live. There are many much larger beautiful houses. It is worth an afternoon to stroll around these beautiful streets just to look at the houses.

Old Trolly Tracks

At one time the trolly car passed through Georgetown. It no longer does but the tracks are still there. When it rains these streets can be treacherous to drive on especially wherever there are trolly tracks.

• Pros:Very Charming
  • Last visit to Georgetown: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2006

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM

If I ever visit Georgetown I'll make a point of going to Clyde's in memory of my uncle Clyde, who lived in Alexandria and worked for the Labor Department in Washington.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Hi Francesca, My daughters and I will be in Georgetown next weekend and I appreciate your restaurant reviews.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 1:25 PM

I guess I was not as fearful to walk alone here, but then again I am 6'2 :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Good tips, it's a pity I didn't read your restaurant recommendations before my short visit to Georgetown.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 2:13 AM

I stayed in Georgetown at the end of June. Too bad I didn't have time to see more.

ForestqueenNYC Visits Here Frequently!

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Georgetown

Have you been to Georgetown?