Florence Warnings Or Dangers Tips by ForestqueenNYC Top 5 Page for this destination

Florence Warnings and Dangers: 148 reviews and 74 photos

Motorini or Mopeds Traffic Review

They are like bees buzzing around Florence. The drivers of these mopeds think they are immune to the law, so it is not unusual for them to drive up the street in the wrong direction. So, if you should be walking in the street because the sidewalk is too narrow, they could be right behind you. Be alert.

• Updated Jul 2, 2011
Stay Alert, Watch Your Pockets and Purse Pickpockets Review

MAY 21, 2006 UPDATE: I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH SINCE I HAD MY WALLET TAKEN OUT OF MY PURSE THE OTHER DAY. AND I THOUGHT I WAS BEING SO CAREFUL. FORTUNATELY I HAD ALREADY STARTED CARRYING MY CARDS AND MONEY IN ONE OF THOSE TRAVEL POUCHES.

You must be absolutely alert and awake at all times for pickpockets. The most obvious, of course, are the small groups of women with their children in tow and a baby in their arms. They work as a group and they usually carry a newpaper with them. I never found out what they do with it, but it plays a roll in their thievery. Don't let them intimidate you. I even yelled at them to get away (learn how to do this in Italian) and they scrammed.

They are not the only ones who earn their living this way though, so, in general, just be careful. Nothing is worse than having your money and your passport stolen.

• Updated Aug 1, 2006
"Pious" Beggar, Florence Version, 2006 - Florence

"Pious" Beggar, Florence Version, 2006

Beggars

This is not someone praying. A friend of mine had told me that she had seen a very pious beggar on the street. I knew she was talking about this person. I couldn't believe that she actually believed this person was pious so maybe some others of you out there have also fallen for this. These so called pious beggars can be found in both Paris and Florence and I saw them 14 years ago when I lived in Europe. I have wondered if they are all part of the same group.

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Written Jul 31, 2006

ForestqueenNYC Used To Live Here!

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence