Florence Hotel Tips by ForestqueenNYC Top 5 Page for this destination

Florence Hotels: 86,825 reviews and 473 photos

Lobby and Owner of Hotel Aldini - Florence

Lobby and Owner of Hotel Aldini

Hotel Aldini: Clean, Friendly, Great Location Near Duomo Hotel Aldini Review

This is one of the two hotels in which I stayed in the same building. I like this one the best because the family who owns it is much nicer than the owner of the other place. But if you can't get a res in this one do consider the other one which is called Hotel Constantin.

Anyway getting back to this place. It is a no frills family run hotel, but it is a clean place to sleep. I stayed there twice. The first time I had a single with a huge bathroom. I think it would be good for someone who is disabled. The second time I stayed in a double overlooking Via Cazaiouli. My son was with me and he complained about the noise. I didn't hear a thing. He lives in the country and I live in New York City so thus the difference. He also didn't think it was anything special. Well it isn't and it isn't suppose to be. I am on a limited budget and so all I look for is a place with friendly personnel that is sparkling clean and doesn't smell of mold and fits in with my budget. In the two star category you don't usually find something special. A good location is a plus, too, but that is relative as you will see from my other reviews.

Check the website for better pictures than I took. I book almost everplace I stay in Europe through Venere.com.

The price is about average for that type of hotel in that location.

Address: L'Via Calzaiuoli, 13 - 50122 Florence

Comparison: about average

Directions: On the main street that goes from the Duomo to Piazza Signoria. You can see the Duomo from the front door. It is on the third floor. There is another hotel on the second which is also decent, but I didn't like the owner.

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://aldini.hotelinfirenze.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 31, 2006
Albergo Losanna: Absolutely No Frills, Clean, Comfortable, Budget Albergo Losanna Review

This was the second time that I had stayed here.

It is very close to the synagogue and a nice park, Piazza D'Azeglio, where you can sit and watch the Florentine kids play when you need some downtime. You can almost pretend like you live here in this neighborhood which is still inner city, but very quiet and so away from the tourists. If I could buy an apartment in Florence, I think I would want it to be on this square near Losanna.

Now about the pensione. It is still owned by the same lady who was there about 10 years ago and perhaps before. There is nothing posh about it, but my room was exceptionally clean, as was the bathroom. It is very quiet. La signora is very very nice, BUT she speaks only a few words of English. I had a single which was small, but since I only went there to sleep it didn't matter. I had to share the bathroom, but that is quite common in pensioni and I am now used to it. THERE ARE ROOMS WITH BATHROOMS.

Other guests seemed like me. They were clean and polite, young and older.

PARKING not included in the price.

Unique Qualities: Quiet non touristy and pleasant neighborhood.

Seems far when you look at map, but it is still within walking distance of center and there are busses that stop one or two blocks away. It's about 5 minutes on foot from the Accademia and 10 minutes from the Duomo.

Not far from synagogue and kosher restaurant that had excellent falafel and hummus.

Quiet location and hotel.

Signora Losanna ONLY SPEAKS ITALIAN. This could be a problem for some, but it was an opportunity for me to practice speaking the language that I had just studied for one month.

Address: Via V. Alfieri 9, , Florence, Tuscany 50121

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: Santa Maria Novella railway station, take bus n. 31 or 32 and get off at Colonna stop, close to Piazza D'Azeglio.

Price: US$20-40

• Updated Jul 17, 2006
Sitting Room, Casa Santo Nome di Gesu - Florence

Sitting Room, Casa Santo Nome di Gesu

Casa Santo Nome di Gesu: Clean, Comfortable, Great Location Casa Santo Nome di Gesu Review

I love this convent hotel. It is so clean you can eat off the floors. It is so clean that it is almost annoying because of the constant banging of brooms, etc. But it is a beautiful building, comfortable, and though my bathroom was not in my room it was conveniently located and I never had to wait for anyone to get out of it. In fact there are lots of bathrooms on each floor.

The location is great because you can walk to the center, but you are well out of the tourist area. If you are young and hip you are also right across from the hippest place in Florence for the young rich Florentines or those who want to meet the young rich Florentines, that is La Dolce Vita.

My only complaint is that there is no elevator and I had a bad leg due to a fall in Paris. I had to walk up 84 stairs to get to my room. Fortunately they let me leave my bags down stairs so I only took up what I absolutely needed.

There is also a bus right around the corner that takes you to the train station.

Unique Qualities: Curfew: 11:00 p.m.

Address: Piazza del Carmine 21, , Florence, Tuscany 50124

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Oltrarno in San Frediano not far from Piazza Santo Spirito and the Santa Trinita bridge.

Other Contact: http://www.journeywoman.com/girl

Phone: 055-21-3856

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.fmmfirenze.it/

• Updated May 21, 2006
Mario's: Don't Judge This Hotel By The Exterior Hotel Mario's Review

If you pass this hotel, you will think it couldn't possibly be nice. The building is really ugly on the outside. But then many of the buildings in Florence are. The owner, Mario, told me over the phone not to judge the hotel by what the building looks like. I took his advice and didn't and booked a room there. It was, indeed, a very charming tiny hotel, charming owner, and extremely clean. A pleasure to stay in this three star hotel.

A single is between 70 and 80 Euros.

Unique Qualities: Clean rooms, comfortable, cozy, nice staff.

Address: Via Faenza, 89, , Florence, Tuscany 50123

Comparison: about average

Directions: Neat train station and the mercato.

Other Contact: hotelmarios@hotelmarios.com

Phone: 39 055 216.801

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.hotelmarios.com/

• Updated Mar 22, 2005
Hostel Archi Rossi: Artsy Hostel Near Train Station Hostel Archi Rossi Review

Since I lived in Florence, I didn't have the occasion of staying in hotels or hostels often, but I did stay in this one once and I found it to be a really fun place. Guests are allowed to draw or paint on the walls, so it looks really neat. It attracts both students and adults alike who are budget minded. Even though it is said that you should avoid staying near the train station because the neighborhoods are seedy, this is a perfectly safe neighborhood and close to everything.

Unique Qualities: The artwork on the walls done by guests.

Address: Via Faenza 94r, , Florence, Tuscany 50123

Comparison: about average

Directions: Near the train station and the mercato.

Phone: 055 290 804 fax. 055 230 26 01

Price: US$20-40

Website: http://www.hostelarchirossi.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Mar 22, 2005

ForestqueenNYC Used To Live Here!

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence

Visiting Florence?
Read real reviews about Florence Hotels!

Top 10 Florence Things to Do