"ROME AT LAST" Rome by ForestqueenNYC
Rome Travel Guide: 12,175 reviews and 27,218 photos
This is the view from my home In October of 2003. I rented an apartment in Rome not far from the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano. For one month I studied Italian at Scuola Leonardo da Vinci. When I first started attending the school, I took the bus, but one evening while waiting for bus after bus to arrive, all packed to the gills, I watched some poor old lady fly out the back door and land on her back. That was the last time I took a bus. From then on I walked to and from school and everywhere else. I might add that I lost several pounds as a result and I had the pleasure of walking past the Coloseo every day.
When I first went to Rome during the Gulf War, people parked on sidewalks. I didn't see that this time around. I think it may be against the law now. But I did see a Smart car wedged in between two cars. Pretty smart, hunh?
According to http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vjw/Rome.html, the Jewish community in Rome is the oldest in Europe. The synagogue is located on the Lungotevere Cenci across from Trastevere and in the Jewish Ghetto. It is opened for tours.
For more information go to this site:
- Pros:You can't possibly be bored here.
- Cons:Very crowded. Of course I don't mind that, I'm from NYC.
- In a nutshell:History, architecture, nice people, good food.
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos