"Scenes From Queens" Top 5 Page for this destination Queens by ForestqueenNYC
Queens Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 226 photos
Queens truly does have the most diverse population in the world. Among those born outside of the United States, over 100 nations are represented.
According to the 2000 U.S. Census, half of the population speaks more than two languages in their home. There are 138 languages spoken in Queens. Among those the top 10 are:
1. English (vast majority)
8. Tagalog (Filipino)
10. French Creole
According to the 2000 U.S. Census, the population of Queens was 2,229,379 with the median age at 35 years.
You can fiind almost any ethnic food you desire in this borough.
For further informations see:
You probably thought that only Manhattan is New York City, but that is not the case. Maybe, Manhattan is the only place you will want to visit when you come to New York, but there is a lot more to the City than that.
Queens is not so densley populated as New York, but rates among one of the largest urban centers in the U.S. It feels both urban and suburban.
Queens is one of the five boroughs of New York City incorporated into the City on January 1, 1898.
Queens Boulevard, which runs from Long Island City to Jamaica, is known for the number of people killed trying to cross the 10 lane street. You really are taking your life in your hands when you do this. If there is a subway stop nearby, sometimes I take the time to walk under the street. It is a nuisance because of the heat in the summer and all of the steps, but it is a safer way to get across.
For more information on Queens Boulevard, check out this link:
- Pros:If you love to travel to other countries, but have neither the time nor the money, just go to Queens
- Cons:Very Dirty
- In a nutshell:You make the most interesting friends from all over the world without setting foot outside your neighborhood.
Dirty Pierre's is by far my favorite restaurant that I have been to in all of New York. I love the atmosphere and the... more travel advice
Tasty Delite is a little place that serves low fat low cal ice cream. They say it is 10 cals per ounce. I think that is... more travel advice
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Queens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Softer Boro"
- "Multi-cultural Queens"
- "Scenes From Queens"
- "A Day In Queens"
- "Streets of Queens"
- "Queens- the outer borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queens
- Hotels in Queens
- Transportation in Queens
- Nightlife in Queens
- Restaurants in Queens
- Shopping in Queens
- Warnings and Dangers in Queens
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Queens
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Queens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queens
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 282 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 62 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 137 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Wickford Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos