Nice Hotel Tips by ForestqueenNYC

Nice Hotels: 24,207 reviews and 220 photos

Les Cigales Hotel, Nice 2006 - Nice

Les Cigales Hotel, Nice 2006

Hotel les Cigales: Beautiful, Little Building Hotel les Cigales Review

Ten years ago, I stayed at this little hotel when it was owned by a lady from Lyon. Since then, it has been sold and completely redone. It has gone from a no star hotel to a 3 star place and the price has risen with each star. It is a beautiful little building, and the lobby is very colorful, but not charming enough for me. I did not see any of the rooms. Based on a quick look in the lobby, I would consider staying here, if nothing was available at the Windsor. It is just across the street.

Address: 16 rue Dalpozzo, , Nice, Provence - Alpes - Côte

• Updated Jun 21, 2008
Hotel Gounod, Nice 2006 - Nice

Hotel Gounod, Nice 2006

Hotel Gounod: Pleasant Hotel, Nice People Hotel Gounod Nice Review

This hotel was pleasant enough and the reception was very nice. I would probably stay here again.

To Get There:

From the airport

By bus: there is a yellow bus marked Nice direct which is on your left when you come out of terminal 1, on your right out of terminal 2. Fare is about €3.50; ask for the Meyerbeer stop which is just after the Negresco hotel, alongside the sea. When getting out of the bus, facing inland, you will see the rue Meyerbeer on your left: just walk up for about 430 yards; you will see the Gounod hotel immediately.

From the train station
By taxi: transport service costs about €10/12.
On foot: turn right when coming out of the train station: you will see a big red brick building which is a post office; just before it there is rue Gounod, which goes down towards the sea: take it and after about 430 yards you will see your hotel on your right.

Unique Qualities: From the airport
By taxi: service available at any time; one way fare is about €25/30 for a maximum of 4 persons;

From the train station
By taxi: transport service costs about €10/12.

Address: 3 Rue Gounod, 06000 Nice

Comparison: about average

Directions: In the city center withint walking distance to the beach, shopping areas and the casino.

Other Contact: http://en.venere.com/hotels_nice

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.gounod-nice.com/

• Updated Aug 7, 2006
Le Grimaldi - Nice

Le Grimaldi

Le Grimaldi: Well Done Hotel Le Grimaldi Review

This was another hotel that I looked at on Venere.com. It is a four star hotel and was not in my price range so I didn't book there. I did walk over to take a look though. They were kind enough to let me have keys to look at some of the rooms. Based on my brief look,I would recommend it to someone who is looking in the 4 star category. The location is good, but a little further walk from Promenade des Anglaise.

Can book through Venere.com

Unique Qualities: Well decorated. Clean. Friendly

Address: 15 Rue Grimaldi, Nice 06000

Comparison: more expensive than average

Phone: 33 (0)4 93 16 00 24

Website: http://www.le-grimaldi.com

• Updated Sep 11, 2005
Great For Students, Backpackers, Budget Travelers - Nice
Villa Saint Exupery: Great For Students, Backpackers, Budget Travelers Villa Saint Exupery Hostel Review

Originally, I had booked my whole stay in Nice at a hotel, but when a young friend of mine decided to join me for two nights, I booked two rooms at the hostel for those nights. Fortunately, he had a car because it was pretty far out from the center of town. The staff will pick you up at the bus stop near the hostel, however, so that you do not have to walk up the steep hill or, if you are too tired, they will even pick you up at the airport or train station.

This was an extremely friendly and educated group of people running the place, including the owner, a very distinguished former international businessman. The owner was on site and interacted with the guests.

It was mostly students and an under 30 crowd, of course, but there were a few middle aged people, including a lady from Canada studying French at the Univerisity in Nice and a 48 year old hippy (hope he doesn't read this). There was also a father with 2 children.

Breakfast was included with the price. There was a good assortment of cereals, several choices of breads and jams, yogurt, and juice. Not an Irish breakfast, but certainly more than enough, as far as I was concerned.

My room was clean and I had my own bathroom, however, there were no shades on the window in the bedroom so I covered it with a spare blanket.

My complaints about the place would be that it was very smokey in the great hall and the walls were thin so you could hear every sound coming from other rooms. There was no "lights out" so the noise went on until well after midnight. Also, I was cold, even though the bed was right next to the heater. If you bring your sleeping bag and a sweater, I think you will be okay on that score.

The price was good. The latest quote from their website: single-25€ double-20€ per pers. small dorm-18€ big dorm-14€ Clean sheets and towels are included in the price.

You can book here : http://www.hostelz.com/display.php/17166+Villa+Saint+Exupery
or through the website.

Unique Qualities: The outstanding characteristics for me would be the free use of the internet, the great hall where you could meet other people as well as eat your meals, and the friendliness of the staff.

There was a view all the way down to the sea, but this wasn't that important to me, as I didn't hang around during the day.

You can also stay long term if you are a student, for example. And they do have French and English classes.

Address: 22 Avenue Gravier

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: Nice, Nord near the stadium.

Other Contact: Fax: +33 (0) 493 52 44 31

• Updated Mar 12, 2005
Hotel Windsor, Nice 2005 - Nice

Hotel Windsor, Nice 2005

Hotel Windsor: Boutiquish Without Priceyness Hotel Windsor Review

This hotel does have its critics, but I am not one of them. I found it to be a lovely 3 star place in my price range. It was very clean and I liked the way it was decorated. The location was close enough to both the beach and the pedestrian zone, but far enough away so as not to be noisy.

I was given a choice between two rooms. The convenience of having the sink right in the room and the toilet and shower in the bathroom would have appealed had I had a traveling companion. Since I was alone, I chose the more colorful room with the sink in the bathroom.

The hotel restaurant was small, but attractive, however I found the breakfast to be a bit pricey. I only ate there once.

The Windsor can be booked through Venere.com.

Unique Qualities: The decor in the rooms that I looked at was very unusual for an average priced hotel. It gave the feeling of a boutique hotel without the priceyness.

The rooms that did not overlook the street had a pretty view of the garden.

I found the staff to be very friendly, polite, and accomodating

Address: 11 rue Dalpozzo, , Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azu

Comparison: about average

Directions: Promenade des Anglaise

Take Bus 98 from the Nice Airport and get off at Meyerbeach stop. The hotel is just a few blocks up from there. It seems like a safe walk for a woman alone until around 10 or 11 p.m. After that, I don't know .

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.venere.com/hotel/?sd=4&sm=04&sy=2005&ed=8&em=04&ey=2005&pval=1&rval=1&lg=en&ref=29806&affiliate_id=29806&htid=16012

• Updated Mar 10, 2005

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Badges & Stats in Nice

Have you been to Nice?

Latest Activity in Nice

Visiting Nice?
Read real reviews about Nice Hotels!

Top 10 Nice Things to Do