"Boundary Dam" Metaline Falls by mcblacktiger
Metaline Falls Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Although dams are not the most scenic things to see, this one is pretty cool because it is in a very steep canyon.
For all of you Kevin Costner fans, this is also the dam where he meets Tom Petty in the movie "The Postman": The rest of the movie was shot in the nearby town of "Metaline Falls".
Tours inside the dam are available batween Memorial and Labor Day weekends at www.ci.seattle.wa.us/light/tours/boundary/
The turbine rooms were drilled out of the solid cliff wall !!!!!
The Pend oreille river (if I remember correctly ) is only one of three rivers in the U.S. that flows north into Canada. This picture is looking downstream and north into Canada.
***** And for all you base jumpers looking for a new place to jump..... *****
mcblacktiger's Related Pages
Metaline Falls Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Metaline Falls
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Metaline Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Metaline Falls
Photos in Metaline FallsSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Pôrto das Galinhas Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rakvere Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saaremaa Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Oslo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.